ISACA’s New 2014-2015 Board of Directors Will Focus on Emerging Business and Technology Issues.
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 June 2014)—ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems (IS) governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, an executive director of Ernst & Young LLP’s Advisory practice, and an IT governance and risk management capabilities (GRC) leader (USA), was appointed international director of the organization.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“I am very excited about this appointment to join the ISACA board and look forward to working with ISACA members to help steer IT assurance, governance and security professionals in policy and certification matters,” said Lew. “We are at a watershed moment when the increased number of cyberattacks is drawing more attention to the protection of enterprises and to managing risk. Companies and IT professionals may rely even more on ISACA as the trusted source for information and technology knowledge, community, standards and certification, and I will work to uphold that trust.”
Lew has more than 15 years of experience in banking, insurance, internal audit, business process reengineering, strategic planning and project management. She serves on ISACA’s Audit Committee and has served on ISACA’s COBIT 5 Enterprise Assessment Task Force, Membership and Education boards, and the COBIT 4.0/4.1 Steering Committee. She was also a member of ISACA’s credentialing task force developing the CRISC certification for IT risk practitioners and a member of the CRISC Committee providing oversight of the certification. She is past president of the ISACA Los Angeles Chapter.
“Debbie has served ISACA in a number of leadership positions and has made significant contributions at the international and local levels,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA), who was installed as international president of ISACA today. “It will be a pleasure to work with her on the ISACA board, and ISACA will benefit from her vast knowledge and experience.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, email@example.com
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, firstname.lastname@example.org