ISACA’s New 2014-2015 Board of Directors Will Focus on Emerging Business and Technology Issues.
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 June 2014)—ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems (IS) governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Sydney, Australia), was elected international vice president of the organization.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“I am very honoured and excited to be selected as a vice president. ISACA has played a major role throughout my career,” said Barnes. “I am looking forward to the opportunity to contribute to the board through what promises to be an exciting year ahead.”
Barnes has more than 20 years of experience in information and IT security, IT audit, and risk management, having worked in a number of public-sector agencies and in the banking industry. He is currently a managing consultant, specializing in information security governance, risk and compliance. During his tenure in the New South Wales State Government, Barnes founded and served as chairman and committee member on a government forum for information security management.
Barnes has served as chair of ISACA’s CISM Certification Committee and as a member of the CISM Test Enhancement Committee, Strategic Advisory Council, and the Credentialing and Career Management Board. He is a past president of the ISACA Sydney Chapter and has held a number of roles on the Sydney Chapter board.
“Garry holds every ISACA certification among his credentials, and, as a long-time volunteer, has contributed greatly to enhancing ISACA’s credentialing program over many years,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA), who was installed as international president of ISACA today. “His commitment to ISACA and expertise in the profession will be a strong asset to the board.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, email@example.com