Topics Address Critical Gaps in IT Governance
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (17 December 2014)—Cybersecurity incidents and data breaches continue to reveal critical gaps in IT governance among organizations of all sizes. A recent ISACA survey shows that 78 percent of respondents say having effective IT governance in place has become more valued than it was in the past 12 months. The 2014 Global COBIT 5 Governance Survey also shows that 90 percent of respondents would recommend COBIT 5, a business framework that helps manage information and technology risk, and 70 percent say that COBIT 5 has helped them address practical business issues.
To help professionals use COBIT 5 effectively, ISACA will hold its inaugural COBIT Conference 14-15 March 2015 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
COBIT 5, the business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT, is used by enterprises worldwide. COBIT 5 provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help business and IT leaders maximize trust in, and value from, their enterprise’s information and technology assets.
“COBIT 5 has been downloaded more than 145,000 times and the number grows daily, which indicates its global benefit,” said Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, a director of ISACA and an executive director with Ernst & Young LLP’s Risk Transformation. “We developed this new conference to provide professionals with in-depth training on how to use COBIT 5’s tools that can benefit their enterprises.”
The conference will offer 10 educational sessions over two days of COBIT training in two tracks:
1. COBIT 5 Foundation Track—The COBIT framework will be explained in a clear, easy-to-understand manner with practical insights and examples. Attendees can earn the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate after completing this track and can take the Foundation Exam the day after the conference at a discounted rate. Attendees will learn:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
2. Actionable Insights, Tools and Practical Guidance Track—Attendees will learn how to implement COBIT to create business value. Speakers include:
- Sushil Chatterji, CGEIT, on Business Benefits Realization
- Mark Thomas, CGEIT, CRISC, on How COBIT 5 Relates to other Standards and Frameworks
- Nelson E. Gibbs, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, on IT Audits and COBIT
- Pamela Nigro, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, will present a COBIT 5 Case Study¾with a focus on the continuum from COBIT 4.1 to COBIT 5
- Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, on Vendor Management Using COBIT 5
- Greg Witte, CISM, on Cybersecurity and COBIT
- Robert Curtis Thompson, CISA, will present a case study on the implementation of COBIT 5
- Tichaona Zororo, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, on The Fundamentals and Facts of Process Assessment Using COBIT
- Debbie A. Lew, CISA, CRISC, on Enabling IT Risk Management with COBIT
- Lew and Thomas will participate in a a Governance of Enterprise IT *(GEIT) Roundtable
Registration for COBIT Conference is US $950 for ISACA members and US $1,150 for nonmembers. A US $200 discount applies to registrations received before 20 January 2015. Attendees can earn up to 14 continuing professional education (CPE) hours. Additional details, registration and hotel information can be found at www.isaca.org/cobitconference2015.
COBIT Conference registration also includes complimentary access to hear global strategist Marc Goodman’s opening keynote at ISACA’s North America CACS Conference 2015, which immediately follows the COBIT Conference in the same location.
Many COBIT resources are available free of charge at cobitonline.isaca.org.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, email@example.com
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, firstname.lastname@example.org