Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 November 2014)—Global IT association ISACA is offering a free virtual conference, titled Evolving Security for a Maturing Cloud, on 9 December 2014 from 7:45AM to 4:30PM EDT (UTC–4). ISACA developed this latest virtual conference to help attendees address cloud security proactively, close existing security gaps and combat emerging vulnerabilities.
“Cloud technology is commonplace in most IT environments today. Whether a cloud setup is on-site or off-premise, security needs to be a top consideration, even if the existing tools and tactics seem to be working,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, international president of ISACA and vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies. “This conference will help attendees ensure their cloud security is solid yet able to adapt as the cloud evolves, governance policies change, and mobile risks and other threats increase.”
Cloud security professionals contributing to the free virtual conference will present the risks of the current cloud security landscape and how to:
- Identify and mitigate emerging bring your own cloud (BYOC) risks
- Guard sensitive data by employing a mix of cloud security services
- Stay current on the latest cloud encryption options that can bolster security
During the virtual conference, several thousand attendees can participate in educational sessions, network with peers from around the world, and interact with exhibitors and sponsors in a virtual exhibit hall. Sessions include:
- Post-Deployment Governance Tips to Protect Cloud Security, presented by Ramaswami Karunanithi, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, internal auditor, who will discuss cloud security audit strategies, the benefits of continuous monitoring, SLA/contract language and provisional authorization best practices.
- The Floating Perimeter: Managing On-premise/Off-premise Security Issues, presented by Dave Shackleford, owner and principal consultant of Voodoo Security, who will explore the controls needed for cloud security services and on-premise tools.
- Cloud Security and Identifying Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC) Risk, presented by Francis Kaitano, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSF, ITIL, MCSD, MCAD, who will discuss the growing trend of employees using unauthorized cloud services and applications, and how to identify, authorize and securely provision those cloud services.
- Pragmatic Cloud Encryption: Tools and Strategies to Ensure Data Security, presented by Rich Mogull, analyst and CEO at Securosis, who will provide tools to strengthen security strategies.
ISACA members can earn up to five free continuing professional education (CPE) credits for attending the virtual conference. To register, visit www.isaca.org/elearning.
In addition to the virtual conference, watch for ISACA’s next free webinar, which will address cybersecurity, to be held Tuesday, 2 December 2014. Check the web site (www.isaca.org/elearning) for information to come. Each webinar is one hour long and ISACA members can earn one free CPE credit for attending. To register for the webinar, visit www.isaca.org/webinars.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, email@example.com
Kristen Kessinger, ISACA, +1.847.660.5512, firstname.lastname@example.org