ISACA’s New 2014-2015 Board of Directors Will Focus on Emerging Business and Technology Issues.
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 June 2014)—ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (New York, USA), was elected international president.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“Simply put, the mission of ISACA is more critical to more organizations around the world than ever before,” said Stroud. “I am extremely proud to serve as ISACA international president and look forward to collaborating with and growing the membership base, expanding its geographical reach, and ensuring the success of the new Cybersecurity Nexus knowledge platform—another fine example of the important work that ISACA is driving.”
Stroud spent more than 15 years in the finance industry successfully managing multiple initiatives in both the IT and retail banking sectors related to IT service management and process governance. He joined CA Technologies from the Australian computer security company Cybec, where he was responsible for the company’s successful global expansion, including entry into the North American market. He is a member of ISACA’s Strategic Advisory Council and Governance Advisory Council. He has served as international vice president of ISACA, chair of ISACA’s ISO Liaison Subcommittee and COBIT Steering Committee, and member of the Professional Influence/Advocacy Committee and ISACA Framework Committee. Stroud earned ISACA’s 2013 President’s Appreciation Award and ISACA’s 2014 John W. Lainhart Common Body of Knowledge Award.
“Rob brings wide and diversified skills to the international president role, and his depth of leadership and experience will help ISACA achieve key milestones over the next 12 months,” said Tony Hayes, CGEIT, AFCHSE, CHE, FACS, FCPA, FIIA, immediate past international president of ISACA and appointed Deputy Director-General of the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services in the Queensland Government, Australia. “Rob is a very experienced professional whose leadership will add tremendous value to ISACA at this exciting time.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, email@example.com
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, firstname.lastname@example.org