ISACA’s New 2014-2015 Board of Directors Will Focus on Emerging Business and Technology Issues.
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 June 2014)—ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems (IS) governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, was reelected international vice president of the organization.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“I am honored to serve a second term as international president of ISACA. My participation with ISACA has enriched my career by giving me the opportunity to interact with and learn from IT security, governance, audit and risk professionals from around the globe,” said Grafenstine. “I look forward to working with my fellow members of the board of directors as we continue our implementation of Strategy 2022 and further develop our newly launched Cybersecurity Nexus initiative.”
Over the past 22 years, Grafenstine has served in the inspector general community in the legislative and executive branches of the federal government. She is the chair of ISACA’s Relations Board and Finance Committee, is past president and committee chairman of the ISACA National Capital Area Chapter, and has served as ISACA’s Communities Committee chair, and on ISACA’s World Congress: INSIGHTS program development task force. She earned ISACA’s 2014 John Kuyers Best Speaker/Conference Contributor Award.
“Theresa has demonstrated her dedication to the profession as an ISACA leader at both the local and international levels,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA), who was installed as international president of ISACA today. “She is a valuable member of the team, and ISACA constituents benefit tremendously from her expertise and contributions.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, email@example.com