ISACA’s New 2014-2015 Board of Directors Will Focus on Emerging Business and Technology Issues.
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (13 June 2014)—ISACA, a global association serving 115,000 information systems (IS) governance, assurance, risk and security professionals in 180 countries, installed its 2014-2015 Board of Directors today. India’s R Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, COBIT 5 Foundation Accredited Trainer, founder and partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, was reelected international vice president of ISACA.
Now in its 45th year, ISACA develops international standards, frameworks and guidance to help enterprises optimize the value of their information and systems and ensure that technology is fully integrated with the business. ISACA established the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations, and recently announced a new cybersecurity certificate and practitioner certification.
These new credentials are part of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive program to help enterprises address the global cybersecurity skills shortage and help individuals develop their careers. CSX fills a need for a central source where security professionals and their enterprises can find research and guidance, career resources, credentials, education and training, mentoring, and community. ISACA is also the creator of COBIT, the internationally accepted business framework that enables companies to better manage and govern their information and technology.
“It is, indeed, a humbling moment and immense honour to be reelected to serve on the ISACA board and to have another opportunity to represent and serve this esteemed community of professionals,” said Vittal. “With the year ahead signifying ISACA’s newest path-breaking initiatives and strategies taking root, I am looking forward to joining the new team in ushering ISACA into its next orbit.”
Over the last 25 years, Vittal has directed projects in the areas of IT governance, information security, IT assurance, enterprise risk management and risk-based internal audits. He has served as advisor to boards and senior management on IT governance, cyberlaw and risk management strategies. An ISACA member for more than 15 years, he is a member of ISACA’s India Growth Task Force and has served on ISACA’s Knowledge Management and Education Committee and Asia-Pacific CACS Program Development Task Force. He has also served as director of certification and as past president of the ISACA Chennai Chapter.
Vittal has been actively involved in several other industry associations and has worked with universities as an advisor for course development, contributing to professional publications and as visiting faculty.
“Vittal has played a key role in helping ISACA serve our constituents in India—which is the country with the second-highest number of ISACA members,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA), who was installed as international president of ISACA today. “His expertise, knowledge and dedication to ISACA members are benefits to the board and the association as a whole.”
Ten business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Frank Yam, CISA, CCP, CFE, CFSA, CIA, FFA, FHKCS, FHKIoD, FHKITJC, CEO of Focus Strategic Group Inc., Hong Kong
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
With more than 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, ISACA (www.isaca.org) helps business and IT leaders build trust in, and value from, information and information systems. Established in 1969, ISACA is the trusted source of knowledge, standards, networking, and career development for information systems audit, assurance, security, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus, a comprehensive set of resources for cybersecurity professionals, and COBIT, a business framework that helps enterprises govern and manage their information and technology. ISACA also advances and validates business-critical skills and knowledge through the globally respected Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials. The association has more than 200 chapters worldwide.
Participate in the ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Follow ISACA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISACANews
Join ISACA on LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
Like ISACA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISACAHQ
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, email@example.com