ISACA Announces 2015-2016 Board of Directors
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (8 June 2015)—ISACA, a global association serving 140,000 information systems professionals in 180 countries, announced its 2015-2016 Board of Directors in Brussels, Belgium, today. Eddie Schwartz, CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP, president and COO of WhiteOps, was elected international vice president of ISACA. He is also chair of ISACA’s Cybersecurity Task Force.
Founded in 1969, ISACA provides knowledge, standards, networking and career development for information systems audit, assurance, cybersecurity, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive set of cybersecurity resources, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
“Now more than ever, ISACA’s global leadership across cyber security, IT audit, assurance and governance is critical to improving information risk management, and ensuring that technology growth remains unimpeded by advanced threats and complex vulnerabilities,” said Schwartz. “I am proud to serve on ISACA’s Board of Directors during this important period of change and expansion of ISACA’s mission and contribution to our industry.”
Schwartz has more than 25 years’ experience in the information security field. Previously, he was vice president and chief information security officer (CISO) for RSA. Prior to RSA, he was CSO of NetWitness (which he co-founded and which was acquired by EMC), CTO of ManTech, EVP and general manager of Global Integrity (acquired by INS), SVP of Operations of Guardent (acquired by VeriSign), CISO of Nationwide Insurance, a senior computer scientist at CSC, and a Foreign Service officer with the U.S. Dept. of State.
Schwartz is a recipient of the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders Award. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the Ponemon Institute and an adjunct professor of Cyber Security at George Mason University. He serves on the advisory boards for Observable Networks and My Digital Shield, Inc. He also serves as the vice president and treasurer of the ISSA National Capital Chapter. He is also a member of the ISACA Strategic Advisory Council.
Schwartz has a B.I.S. in Information Security Management and an M.S. in Information Technology Management from the George Mason University School of Management.
“Eddie is an established leader in the world of IT—as a business creator, educator and key contributor to ISACA and our cybersecurity initiatives,” said 2015-2016 ISACA International President Christos Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC. “His dynamic leadership skills are a great asset to ISACA as we face new challenges and opportunities.”
ISACA announced today that the 11 business and IT leaders selected to serve on the 2015-2016 ISACA Board of Directors are:
- International President Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT, Greece
- International Vice President Rosemary Amato, CISA, CMA, CPA, director, Deloitte, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, program director for Global Client Intelligence (GCI), The Netherlands
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, practice lead, Governance Advisory at Vital Interacts, Australia
- International Vice President Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC, USA
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, COBIT 5 Implementer and Assessor, Singapore
- International Vice President Andre Pitkowski, CGEIT, CRISC, OCTAVE, CRMA, ISO27kLA, ISO31kLA, COBIT 5 Foundation Trainer, principal consultant APIT Consultoria de Informática Ltd., Brazil
- International Vice President Eddie Schwartz, CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP, president and COO of WhiteOps, USA
- International Director Zubin Chagpar, CISA, CISM, PMP, head of Venture Capital Business Development in EMEA for Amazon Web Services, United Kingdom
- International Director R.V. Raghu, CISA, CRISC, director of Versatilist Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., India
- International Director Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich, Australia
ISACA also administers the CSX portfolio of cybersecurity training and certifications as well as the CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC designations. Information about ISACA can be found at www.isaca.org.
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
ISACA (isaca.org) helps global professionals lead, adapt and assure trust in an evolving digital world by offering innovative and world-class knowledge, standards, networking, credentialing and career development. Established in 1969, ISACA is a global nonprofit association of 140,000 professionals in 180 countries. ISACA also offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a holistic cybersecurity resource, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, [email protected]
Rachel Acevedo, +1.847.660.5617, [email protected]