ISACA Announces 2015-2016 Board of Directors
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (8 June 2015)—ISACA, a global association serving 140,000 information systems professionals in 180 countries, announced its 2015-2016 Board of Directors in Brussels, Belgium, today. Rosemary M. Amato, CISA, CMA, CPA, director, Deloitte, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, program director for Global Client Intelligence (GCI), has been elected international vice president.
Founded in 1969, ISACA provides knowledge, standards, networking and career development for information systems audit, assurance, cybersecurity, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive set of cybersecurity resources, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
“As an IT and information systems professional for 18 years, I am very excited about my ISACA board appointment, as it will allow me to give back to a profession that has enabled me to expand my professional knowledge, while connecting with our constituents throughout the world,” said Amato. “ISACA’s 46th year is underway, and I can assure you that, as a board member, I will work toward strengthening the organization as we move to 50 years.”
Amato leads a virtual team that is focused on collecting data from the 46 member firms of Deloitte, storing the data, and delivering this information using next generation visualization capabilities to those that require it to serve clients with distinction.
Amato’s previous role as Global Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) Knowledge Management leader was focused on enabling a knowledge sharing environment for the 12,000 ERS professionals throughout the world. Her responsibilities included intranet as well as Internet knowledge assets, and she managed a virtual team of knowledge advocates located throughout the world, including a content editing team located in India. Amato spent 12 years serving clients in the consumer business, manufacturing and life sciences industries, where she was focused on IT audit, internal audit, governance, risk, compliance, security and controls transformations, and regulatory controls.
Prior to Deloitte, Amato spent more than 20 years as a finance and IT professional, with her last role being that of vice president/controller for a large US footwear retailer. She successfully implemented one of the first point-of-sale (POS) systems in the retail industry. From there, she moved from an accounting focus to IT.
She is also a board member for the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), having served two terms and was nominated again for a new term. She also served on the European IMA Board. Amato also has been a member of ISACA’s Knowledge Management Board, where she co-chaired the Knowledge Management and Education Committee.
“Rosemary brings to the board a wealth of experience as a finance, IS and IT leader,” said 2015-2016 ISACA International President Christos Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC. “She is a very enthusiastic supporter of ISACA and we look forward to her involvement and guidance.”
ISACA announced today that the 11 business and IT leaders selected to serve on the 2015-2016 ISACA Board of Directors are:
- International President Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT, Greece
- International Vice President Rosemary Amato, CISA, CMA, CPA, director, Deloitte, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, program director for Global Client Intelligence (GCI), The Netherlands
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, practice lead, Governance Advisory at Vital Interacts, Australia
- International Vice President Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC, USA
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, COBIT 5 Implementer and Assessor, Singapore
- International Vice President Andre Pitkowski, CGEIT, CRISC, OCTAVE, CRMA, ISO27kLA, ISO31kLA, COBIT 5 Foundation Trainer, principal consultant APIT Consultoria de Informática Ltd., Brazil
- International Vice President Eddie Schwartz, CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP, president and COO of WhiteOps, USA
- International Director Zubin Chagpar, CISA, CISM, PMP, head of Venture Capital Business Development in EMEA for Amazon Web Services, United Kingdom
- International Director R.V. Raghu, CISA, CRISC, director of Versatilist Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., India
- International Director Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich, Australia
ISACA also administers the CSX portfolio of cybersecurity training and certifications as well as the CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC designations. Information about ISACA can be found at www.isaca.org.
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
ISACA (isaca.org) helps global professionals lead, adapt and assure trust in an evolving digital world by offering innovative and world-class knowledge, standards, networking, credentialing and career development. Established in 1969, ISACA is a global nonprofit association of 140,000 professionals in 180 countries. ISACA also offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a holistic cybersecurity resource, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, email@example.com
Rachel Acevedo, +1.847.660.5617, firstname.lastname@example.org