ISACA Announces 2015-2016 Board of Directors
Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (8 June 2015)—ISACA, a global association serving 140,000 information systems professionals in 180 countries, announced its 2015-2016 Board of Directors in Brussels, Belgium, today. Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, COBIT 5 Implementer and Assessor, Singapore, was elected international vice president of ISACA.
Founded in 1969, ISACA provides knowledge, standards, networking and career development for information systems audit, assurance, cybersecurity, risk, privacy and governance professionals. ISACA offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a comprehensive set of cybersecurity resources, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
“I believe in ISACA’s mission and the impact it delivers to help businesses gain value from information systems. With ever-increasing threats and continuing adoption of emerging technology, cybersecurity is a critical area to focus on. ISACA has established the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) to address the barriers and risks,” said Ong. “I am honoured and humbled to represent ISACA and its global membership base. As a member and volunteer for more than 10 years, I continue to be very excited to contribute to society through ISACA.”
Ong has more than 15 years of experience in information and corporate security gained in telecommunication, enterprise and banking industries. He has been in a number of different roles within the security profession, including information security, corporate security, project management, consulting and business development.
Among his roles, he led the enterprise governance and security practice for a regional firm. Previously, he was with Barclays Capital as head of information security risk and operation, Asia-Pacific. During his tenure with Nokia Siemens Networks, he provided professional security services for regional telecommunication carriers to secure their networks. He spent seven years with Nokia, securing Nokia businesses in the Asia-Pacific region.
Ong has volunteered at several security associations, including the ISACA Singapore Chapter, where he has twice served as chapter president. Ong also served for three years as the honorary chairman of the ASIS international chapter.
Ong was awarded Information Security Leadership Achievement (ISLA)—Senior Information Security Professional category in 2011 and Professional Certification Board Regional Award in 2014. In 2005, National Infocomm Competency Centre (NICC) named Ong “IT Specialist of the Year.” Under his leadership, the ISACA Singapore Chapter received the K. Wayne Snipes 2013 award for the best large Asian chapter.
“Leonard has established himself as a recognized IT leader in Asia through his professional work and ISACA volunteerism,” said 2015-2016 ISACA International President Christos Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC. “We look forward to his involvement on ISACA’s Board of Directors, where his continuing spirit of volunteerism will be greatly welcomed.”
ISACA announced today that the 11 business and IT leaders selected to serve on the 2015-2016 ISACA Board of Directors are:
- International President Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT, Greece
- International Vice President Rosemary Amato, CISA, CMA, CPA, director, Deloitte, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, program director for Global Client Intelligence (GCI), The Netherlands
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, practice lead, Governance Advisory at Vital Interacts, Australia
- International Vice President Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC, USA
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, COBIT 5 Implementer and Assessor, Singapore
- International Vice President Andre Pitkowski, CGEIT, CRISC, OCTAVE, CRMA, ISO27kLA, ISO31kLA, COBIT 5 Foundation Trainer, principal consultant APIT Consultoria de Informática Ltd., Brazil
- International Vice President Eddie Schwartz, CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP, president and COO of WhiteOps, USA
- International Director Zubin Chagpar, CISA, CISM, PMP, head of Venture Capital Business Development in EMEA for Amazon Web Services, United Kingdom
- International Director R.V. Raghu, CISA, CRISC, director of Versatilist Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., India
- International Director Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich, Australia
ISACA also administers the CSX portfolio of cybersecurity training and certifications as well as the CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC designations. Information about ISACA can be found at www.isaca.org.
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
ISACA (isaca.org) helps global professionals lead, adapt and assure trust in an evolving digital world by offering innovative and world-class knowledge, standards, networking, credentialing and career development. Established in 1969, ISACA is a global nonprofit association of 140,000 professionals in 180 countries. ISACA also offers the Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), a holistic cybersecurity resource, and COBIT, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
LinkedIn: ISACA (Official), http://linkd.in/ISACAOfficial
ISACA Knowledge Center: www.isaca.org/knowledge-center
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564, [email protected]
Rachel Acevedo, +1.847.660.5617, [email protected]