Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (5 September 2017)—In conjunction with APMG, ISACA has launched an Accredited Training Program to assert better governance over certification training experiences and outcomes.
APMG will manage the accreditation of organizations and trainers, and all other program resources and support will be directly handled by ISACA, ensuring a high quality, streamlined experience.
“The Accredited Training Program enhances the consistency and quality of training content and delivery, and helps meet global demand by creating a larger pool of qualified trainers,” said Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CPA, CISSP, CIA, CGMA, CGAP, chair of ISACA’s Board of Directors and the inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives. “This program helps ensure better and more consistent access worldwide to our globally respected certifications.”
Accreditation benefits certification candidates, including by:
- Instilling confidence that the training materials are robust and ISACA-approved
- Ensuring that trainers have the necessary knowledge and expertise
- Validating that products and services have been independently assessed to ensure consistent outcomes and elevated experiences
- Standardizing the qualifications of training providers
- Supporting the integrity of ISACA certifications
ISACA, a global nonprofit association serving more than 520,000 professionals in 188 countries, developed and administers the following industry-leading certifications, for which APMG is offering training:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a globally respected designation for experienced IS audit, control and security professionals. More than 130,000 have earned the CISA designation since its inception in 1978.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), a groundbreaking designation for leaders who manage an organization’s information security. More than 34,000 have earned the CISM designation since it was established in 2002.
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), for professionals who manage, provide advisory and/or assurance services, and/or who otherwise support the governance of an enterprise’s IT. More than 7,000 professionals have earned the CGEIT designation since it was established in 2007.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), for IT professionals who have experience with risk identification, assessment and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring; IS control design and implementation; and IS control monitoring and maintenance. More than 20,000 professionals have been certified since inception in 2010.
Richard Pharro, CEO of APMG said, “We are thrilled with this appointment, and have enjoyed an enviable partnership with ISACA since launching the hugely successful COBIT 5 qualification in 2012. It is testament to our strong relationship that ISACA has chosen APMG to accredit organizations and trainers, ensuring that the highest standards are being adhered to globally for these important certifications.”
APMG International is an award-winning exam institute and a global accreditation and certification body. APMG works with government bodies, not-for-profit and commercial partners to develop best practice products to help individuals and their organizations deliver positive results.
Our aim is to provide consistent quality and support to candidates and training organizations whether they are operating globally or as a specialist local provider. APMG International's rigorous assessment process is recognized throughout the world. To ensure our independence and commitment to quality standards, we do not provide training ourselves.
Our Accredited Organizations can be justly proud of their accredited status. Find out more about APMG visit: apmg-international.com.
Nearing its 50th year, ISACA (isaca.org) is a global association helping individuals and enterprises achieve the positive potential of technology. Today’s world is powered by technology, and ISACA equips professionals with the knowledge, credentials, education and community to advance their careers and transform their organizations. ISACA leverages the expertise of its half-million engaged professionals in information and cyber security, governance, assurance, risk and innovation, as well as its enterprise performance subsidiary, CMMI Institute, to help advance innovation through technology. ISACA has a presence in more than 188 countries, including more than 215 chapters and offices in both the United States and China.
Michelle Micor, +1.847.385.7217, email@example.com
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, firstname.lastname@example.org