New leader sought to accelerate growth and impact as global association of business technology professionals and enterprises hits 50-year mark in 2019
Schaumburg, IL, USA (19 December 2018) – ISACA, the leading global association for IT audit, risk, governance and security professionals, has opened its executive search for a new CEO.
ISACA seeks its next-generation CEO to take the leadership helm for the global non-profit organization serving more than 135,000 members and 450,000 engaged professionals. The organization equips professionals with the knowledge, credentials, education and community to advance their careers and transform their organizations. With expertise in governance, security, risk, audit and assurance, ISACA also provides learning events, industry frameworks and credentialing for individuals and enterprises at a time when technology is critical to advance all businesses and protect them as well.
The board has named a Selection Committee to spearhead the process, with committee chair Tracey Dedrick and members Chris Dimitriadis, Greg Touhill, Gabriela Reynaga, Leonard Ong and R.V. Raghu. ISACA has engaged Egon Zehnder Inc., a Zurich, Switzerland-based executive search firm, in the search process.
“We are looking for a leader who not only understands the ever-changing technology landscape, but also brings a vision on what our global organization of business technology professionals and enterprises worldwide need in this dynamic environment,” said Rob Clyde, CISM, and chair, ISACA Board of Directors. “We realize our unique responsibility and opportunity to attract stellar candidates and select a CEO who will achieve our strategic plan and accelerate the growth and impact of the ISACA community worldwide.”
In addition to a deep knowledge of the ever-changing technology environment, and ISACA’s roles and opportunities in digital transformation and emerging technologies, ISACA’s next CEO is expected to focus on operational excellence, leveraging stakeholders across its vast volunteer base and professional staff. The next chief executive will be charged with extending ISACA’s recent growth trajectory and exhibiting a bias for action and strength in driving execution.
The new CEO will take the helm of an organization that will mark its 50th anniversary in 2019, rising from roots in California during the early days of electronic data processing to become a globally respected organization focused on helping individuals and enterprises achieve the positive potential of technology. In the past four years, ISACA has grown its number of credentialed professionals by 30 percent with renewals at 96 percent. It also has increased the number of individual members by 20 percent, holds a retention rate of 82 percent, and has driven record attendance at its 2018 conferences.
ISACA offers diverse resources for individuals and organizations
- ISACA offers four core certifications and sponsors at least seven annual conference events; knowledge assets include a bi-monthly peer-reviewed technical magazine, white papers, audit programs and books.
- ISACA’s State of Cybersecurity, Digital Transformation Barometer and Culture of Cybersecurity research and reports, among others, are highly regarded and regular cited worldwide.
- ISACA’s advocacy and public affairs initiatives extend from the US to the UK and EU, to India and beyond; its SheLeadsTech program advocates for greater representation of women across the tech industry.
- Two years ago, ISACA acquired the CMMI Institute, the global leader in the advancement of best practices in people, process and technology. CMMI Institute is the organization behind the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), the globally adopted capability improvement framework that guides organizations in high-performance operations.
- Last month ISACA announced a partnership with Infosecurity Group, Europe’s leading information security event, to produce the most progressive information security event in North America. Infosecurity ISACA North America Expo and Conference will debut in New York City’s Javits Convention Center next November.
- ISACA is internationally recognized for the COBIT framework, helping IT professionals and enterprise leaders fulfill their IT governance responsibilities while delivering value to the business.
Nearing its 50th year, ISACA (isaca.org) is a global association helping individuals and enterprises achieve the positive potential of technology. Today’s world is powered by technology, and ISACA equips professionals with the knowledge, credentials, education and community to advance their careers and transform their organizations. ISACA leverages the expertise of its 450,000 engaged professionals in information and cybersecurity, governance, assurance, risk and innovation, as well as its enterprise performance subsidiary, CMMI Institute, to help advance innovation through technology. ISACA has a presence in more than 188 countries, including 217 chapters worldwide and offices in both the United States and China.
Interested parties may supply credentials for consideration via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512, email@example.com
Emily Van Camp, +1.847.385.7223, firstname.lastname@example.org