A nonprofit, independent membership association, ISACA helps business and IT leaders maximize value and manage risk related to information and technology. Founded in 1969, the nonprofit, independent ISACA is an advocate for professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management and governance. These professionals rely on ISACA as the trusted source for information and technology knowledge, community, standards and certification.
ISACA helps its members and their employers ensure trust in, and value from, information systems.
ISACA Membership and Chapters
ISACA—formerly the Information Systems Audit and Control Association—has more than 115,000 constituents in more than 180 countries in Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa, North America and Oceania. Its members include internal and external auditors, CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, educators, information security and control professionals, business managers, students, and IT consultants. ISACA has more than 200 chapters in more than 80 countries.
- Developed and administers four industry-leading certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a globally respected designation for experienced IS audit, control and security professionals. More than 105,000 have earned the CISA designation since its inception in 1978.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), a groundbreaking designation for leaders who manage an organization’s information security. More than 23,000 have earned the CISM designation since it was established in 2002.
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), for professionals who manage, provide advisory and/or assurance services, and/or who otherwise support the governance of an enterprise’s IT. More than 5,700 professionals have earned the CGEIT designation since it was established in 2007.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), for IT professionals who have experience with risk identification, assessment and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring; IS control design and implementation; and IS control monitoring and maintenance. More than 17,000 professionals have been certified since inception in 2010.
- Sponsors technical and management conferences worldwide each year to ensure professionals have access to the latest global education:
- Developed and continually updates:
- COBIT, now in version 5, is a complete, internationally accepted process framework for effective governance and management of enterprise IT. Available as a complimentary download at www.isaca.org/cobit, the COBIT framework is used by organizations worldwide.
- IT Assurance Framework (ITAF) provides guidance on the design, conduct and reporting of IT audit and assurance assignments, and establishes standards that address IT audit and assurance professional roles and responsibilities; a free download at www.isaca.org/itaf.
- Publishes ISACA Journal, a bimonthly magazine with peer-reviewed technical and managerial content on IS audit, control, security and governance.
- Publishes industry-leading research and guidance.
- Provides professional standards, guidelines and tools and techniques for the IS audit and control professions.
- The Comptroller General of the Republic of Panamá has signed an agreement with ISACA to implement a regulation requiring use of ISACA’s IS Auditing Standards. The agreement also states that ISACA will provide the government agency with support through ISACA’s activities and guidelines.
- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) named ISACA’s Acting Chief Executive Officer and Chief Knowledge Officer Ron Hale to the 2013 Directorship 100 (Governance Professionals and Institutions category). The Directorship 100 is a select group of professionals who participate in board work or influence how that work is done, and who reflect NACD’s standards of director professionalism, including integrity, mature confidence, informed judgment and high performance standards.
- ISACA received the Profesional Española de Privacidad (APEP) privacy award at APEP’s second National Congress in Madrid in June 2013, for deliverables in the areas of risk, security, data protection and privacy.
3701 Algonquin Road, Suite 1010, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, 60008 USA
Phone: +1.847.253.1545 Fax: +1.847.253.1443 Web site: www.isaca.org
2013-2014 International President—Tony Hayes, CGEIT, AFCHSE, CHE, FACS, FCPA, FIIA
Immediate Past President—Greg Grocholski, CISA
Acting Chief Executive Officer—Ron Hale, Ph.D., CISM
Kristen Kessinger, +1.847.660.5512
Joanne Duffer, +1.847.660.5564
Rachel Acevedo, +1.847.660.5617