This page provides information about the nomination process for the 2016-2017 Board of Directors slate. Please note that nominations being accepted at this time are for president, president-elect and vice president.
Nominate A Candidate
What is the Call for Nominations?
It is the start of the process by which an international president, president-elect and vice presidents (VPs) are elected to the ISACA Board of Directors. (It is customary for the ISACA international president, president-elect and VPs to serve also on the IT Governance Institute Board of Trustees.) The board is the governing body of the association and its actions are final, unless otherwise specifically provided by the bylaws. This year we will also be selecting a president-elect. This new position was one of the changes noted in the bylaws which were recently approved. Absent anything preventing the president-elect to accept this position, the president-elect would assume the international president role one year later.
- Applies business judgment in the best interests of the association on behalf of its members
- Has responsibility for governance, control and oversight, as well as participation in the preparation and approval of the strategic plan
- May exercise its authority directly or through committees of the board
- Provides direction, advice and counsel to senior management
What are the requirements?
- Candidates for international president must have previously served on the ISACA International Board of Directors.
- Board members are expected to attend three Board of Directors meetings per year (usually in early November, early March and June/July). The international president is also called upon to attend Governance Committee teleconference meetings 3-4 times per year.
- Board candidates should be aware of the time commitment involved; estimated at roughly 10-12 non-travel hours per month on board activities. In addition to board meetings, board members may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the association’s strategy (all ISACA-sponsored travel is reimbursed by ISACA).
In addition to these general requirements, specific attributes for each position follow.
Attributes of International President and President-Elect
The attributes for president and president-elect follow. President and president-elect must have previous experience on the ISACA International Board of Directors. More information on these attributes.
- Able to think strategically
- Driven to achieve results
- Able to build strong working relations internally and externally, and serve as an influencer to same
- Maintains understanding and awareness of professional and business issues pertinent to ISACA’s constituencies
- Exemplifies personal integrity
- Demonstrates leadership and presidential temperament
Attributes of International Vice Presidents
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Able to think strategically
- Able to think innovatively
- Demonstrates professional and/or commercial contacts and can leverage them for ISACA/ITGI’s benefit
- Maintains a global perspective on professional issues and ISACA/ITGI matters
- Adheres to ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Demonstrates an energetic ability to accomplish organization objectives
- Has demonstrated positive performance in current and previous local and international ISACA or other professional/volunteer roles
- Demonstrates executive temperament
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
Who is eligible to participate?
Any member of ISACA meeting the requirements and attributes of the position is eligible to be a candidate.
How do I submit a nomination?
Members may nominate themselves or someone else they deem qualified to serve on the board. Read carefully the requirements and attributes of each position, as outlined above, and weigh your or your candidate’s qualifications and expertise against them. If you believe there is a good match, complete and submit the nomination form online or print, complete, scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is the candidate material due?
Submission of the nomination form is only the first step in the nomination process. Upon receipt of their form, candidates will be sent further information about the process and the additional materials that will be needed to further their nomination. Materials for President and President-Elect are due by 5:00 p.m. Central time (UTC-6) on 19 November 2015. Materials for Vice President and are due by 5:00 p.m. Central time (UTC-6) on 8 January 2016 Since all materials are due by these times/dates, it is important not to wait until then to submit the nomination form.
Then what will happen?
All forms and supplemental materials will be reviewed and evaluated by the ISACA Nominating Committee. Candidates should be aware that the Nominating Committee reserves the right to gather information on candidates via publicly available web sites such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. The Nominating Committee may also request a telephone (or videoconference/Skype) interview with selected candidates. The committee will present the full slate for the 2016-2017 term in an April 2016 issue of @ISACA.
If the Nominating Committee puts forward only one candidate for each office, and the membership submits no nominations by petition, the election process will be deemed an election by acclamation 30 days before the Annual Meeting of the Membership.
Nominate A Candidate