This page provides information about the nomination process for the 2016-2017 Board of Directors slate. Please note that the nomination process for president, president-elect and vice president is now closed. The 2016-17 Board slate will be announced in April 2016.
What is the Call for Nominations?
It is the start of the process by which an international president, president-elect and vice presidents (VPs) are elected to the ISACA Board of Directors. (It is customary for the ISACA international president, president-elect and VPs to serve also on the IT Governance Institute Board of Trustees.) The board is the governing body of the association and its actions are final, unless otherwise specifically provided by the bylaws. This year we will also be selecting a president-elect. This new position was one of the changes noted in the bylaws which were recently approved. Absent anything preventing the president-elect to accept this position, the president-elect would assume the international president role one year later.
- Applies business judgment in the best interests of the association on behalf of its members
- Has responsibility for governance, control and oversight, as well as participation in the preparation and approval of the strategic plan
- May exercise its authority directly or through committees of the board
- Provides direction, advice and counsel to senior management
What are the requirements?
- Candidates for international president must have previously served on the ISACA International Board of Directors.
- Board members are expected to attend three Board of Directors meetings per year (usually in early November, early March and June/July). The international president is also called upon to attend Governance Committee teleconference meetings 3-4 times per year.
- Board candidates should be aware of the time commitment involved; estimated at roughly 10-12 non-travel hours per month on board activities. In addition to board meetings, board members may be asked to make occasional trips in support of the association’s strategy (all ISACA-sponsored travel is reimbursed by ISACA).
In addition to these general requirements, specific attributes for each position follow.
Attributes of International President and President-Elect
The attributes for president and president-elect follow. President and president-elect must have previous experience on the ISACA International Board of Directors. More information on these attributes.
- Able to think strategically
- Driven to achieve results
- Able to build strong working relations internally and externally, and serve as an influencer to same
- Maintains understanding and awareness of professional and business issues pertinent to ISACA’s constituencies
- Exemplifies personal integrity
- Demonstrates leadership and presidential temperament
Attributes of International Vice Presidents
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Able to think strategically
- Able to think innovatively
- Demonstrates professional and/or commercial contacts and can leverage them for ISACA/ITGI’s benefit
- Maintains a global perspective on professional issues and ISACA/ITGI matters
- Adheres to ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Demonstrates an energetic ability to accomplish organization objectives
- Has demonstrated positive performance in current and previous local and international ISACA or other professional/volunteer roles
- Demonstrates executive temperament
- Demonstrates effective communication skills