Over the years, best-practice frameworks have been developed and promoted to assist in the process of understanding, designing and implementing enterprise governance of IT (EGIT). COBIT 2019 builds on and integrates more than 25 years of development in this field, not only incorporating new insights from science, but also operationalizing these insights as practice.
Learners will dive into the heart and structure of the COBIT framework, including:
- New framework introduction
- Key concepts and terminology
- Governance and Framework Principles
- Governance system and components
- Governance and management objectives
- Performance management
- Designing a tailored governance system
From its foundation in the IT audit community, COBIT has developed into a broader and more comprehensive information and technology (I&T) governance and management framework and continues to establish itself as a generally accepted framework for I&T governance.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key attributes of the COBIT framework
- Key attributes
- Product family
- Alignment with industry frameworks
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives (see 5 below)
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Goals cascade
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam
Intended Audience: Any stakeholder with responsibilities for the governance and management of enterprise information and technology.
Exam Information The exam will test a candidate’s understanding of the topics and those that achieve a passing score on the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam receive the COBIT 2019 Foundation Certificate.
Please visit the COBIT 2019 Foundation Certificate Exam page for detailed information or to register.
Interested in classroom training? View our Accredited Training partners to find COBIT training near you (coming January 2019)
Bring the training to you. For more information on ISACA’s COBIT on-site training program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.