Getting the foundation right is critical. COBIT is an important foundation for good governance and management of enterprise IT (GEIT). Are you looking to build a solid foundational understanding of COBIT 5, earn the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate, or gain actionable and practical guidance on using the COBIT 5 framework? If so, you should attend the COBIT Conference Europe. The conference will be held on 7-8 November 2015 in Copenhagen, Denmark, immediately prior to the Euro CACS/ISRM Conference.
Building upon the success of a similar conference held in March in the US, the COBIT Conference Europe offers an unrivalled opportunity to expand your network and build your COBIT knowledge and skills. Plus, attendees can earn up to 14 hours of CPE credit. Some of the attendees at the March COBIT Conference said:
- “I really enjoyed the real-life case studies and working as a group to find the issues/gaps in governance and brainstorm ideas on what the next steps would be to resolve them.”
- “Case studies pulled it all together. The energy and content are excellent.”
The conference contains 2 tracks to meet the needs of a wide range of audiences, from COBIT novices to experienced COBIT practitioners.
“I really enjoyed the real-life case studies and working as a group to find the issues/gaps in governance and brainstorm ideas on what the next steps would be to resolve them.”
COBIT 5 Foundation Track
The COBIT 5 Foundation track is designed for anyone interested in learning the basics and fundamentals of COBIT 5. In a logical and example-driven approach, the course details the COBIT framework and supporting materials. Those attending this track can take the foundation exam the day after the conference for an additional fee.
Upon the successful completion of this training course, attendees will learn:
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The COBIT framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
Actionable Insights, Tools and Practical Guidance Track
This track provides 10 educational sessions for those wanting to learn more about COBIT 5 and how to apply it within their organizations. In addition to 2 detailed cases studies to be presented, topics include:
- COBIT primer
- Practical COBIT 5 implementation approaches
- How COBIT 5 relates to other standards and frameworks
- COBIT and cybersecurity
- Using COBIT 5 for Assurance
- The fundamentals and the facts of process assessment using COBIT
- Business benefits realization
The track will conclude with an opportunity for conference attendees to ask the expert presenters specific questions about COBIT and their experiences implementing the framework.
Expand your network and build your COBIT 5 knowledge and skills by attending the conference. Visit the COBIT Conference Europe website to learn more.
Plans are underway for the 2016 North America COBIT Conference. ISACA is always looking for new and innovative presentations. The Call for Papers deadline is 16 October 2015. Submit your proposal to be a speaker soon.
Okanlawon Zachy Olorunojowon, CISA, CGEIT, PMP
Has more than 15 years of experience spanning systems development, network and database administration, enterprise information systems implementation, strategic planning and project management, and governance and management of enterprise IT. He is currently a project director with the Ministry of Health, British Columbia, Canada, and has been a chief information officer and a head of IT with financial institutions in Nigeria. An accredited COBIT 5 instructor, Olorunojowon has delivered Risk IT courses in Nigeria and COBIT 5 courses in Canada and at ISACA training weeks. He has conducted onsite COBIT 5 training across North America. He is a past president of the ISACA Victoria (British Columbia, Canada) Chapter and has been a member of ISACA since 2004.