CISM is unique in the information security credential marketplace because it is designed specifically and exclusively for individuals who have experience managing an information security program. The CISM certification measure an individual's management experience in information security situations, not general practitioner skills. Earning the CISM designation distinguishes you as a qualified information security management professional with experience and knowledge managing, designing and overseeing an enterprise's information security.
ISACA has prepared the CISM self-assessment to help CISM exam candidates assess their knowledge of the CISM job practice areas and determine in which information security areas they may have strengths and weaknesses. This self-assessment contains 50 sample items covering the appropriate proportion of subject matter to match the CISM exam blueprint. The items are not actual CISM
exam items, but are representative of items that have appeared on the exam. Note that this self-assessment is not a substitute for the actual exam, nor does the result of the self-assessment test guarantee or indicate future individual
success. For additional exam detail coverage, review each area's task and knowledge statements.
This 50 question self-assessment is one of many tools that you can use to help prepare for the CISM exam.
Tips for taking the CISM Self-assessment :
- If you do not know the answer to a question, do not guess; instead, skip the question so as not to bias your results. Unanswered questions will be counted as missed to give you a better indication for your areas of weakness.
- Please answer the questions in sequence.
- After you complete the test, select "Check My Score" to receive your
assessment results. Your results will consist of the percent correct in each exam content area.
- You can retake the CISM Self-assessment as many times as you wish. However, before retaking the test, it is recommended that you review your prior results to study and learn more about the areas in which you were weakest. This process will help with obtaining a truer picture of your competency in the different subject areas.
- After you have completed the assessment please take a moment to answer the survey questions. ISACA respects your feedback on this self-assessment.
Copyright © 2014 ISACA. All rights reserved. These questions and answers may not be used, copied, modified, displayed, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) without the prior written authorization of ISACA.