CISM Impacts Your Career and Your Organization
The demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise, and the CISM certification is the globally accepted standard of achievement in this area.
CISMs understand the business. They know how to manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry.
- Demonstrates your understanding of the relationship between an information security program and broader business goals and objectives
- Distinguishes you as having not only information security expertise, but also knowledge and experience in the development and management of an information security program
- Puts you in an elite peer network
- Is considered essential to ongoing education, career progression and value delivery to enterprises.
Why Employers Hire CISMs?
Enterprises and government agencies increasingly recognize, require and expect their IS and IT professionals to hold CISM certification. .
- Identify critical issues and customize company-specific practices to support the governance of information and related technologies
- Bring credibility to the enterprise for which they are employed
- Take a comprehensive view of information systems security management and their relationship to organizational success
- Demonstrate to enterprise customers their commitment to compliance, security and integrity; ultimately contributing to the attraction and retention of customers
- Ensure that there is improved alignment between the organization's information security program and its broader goals and objectives
- Provide the enterprise with a certification for Information security management that is recognized by multinational clients and enterprises, lending credibility to the enterprise
CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC Approved
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has accredited the CISM certification program under ISO/IEC 17024:2012, General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification Systems of Persons. ANSI, a private, nonprofit organization, accredits other organizations to serve as third-party product, system and personnel certifiers. ISACA is proud to be recognized with this international standard of performance.