You may have noticed the new publication regarding mobile computing security audit/assurance. A little more background of this publication below: The main objectives and scope of the publication are as follows.
Please review and offer your thoughts for discussion. thank you.
Objective - The mobile computing security audit/assurance review will:
- Provide management with an assessment of mobile computing security policies and procedures and their operating effectiveness.
- Identify internal control and regulatory deficiencies that could affect the organization.
- Identify information security control concerns that could affect the reliability, accuracy and security of enterprise data due to weaknesses in mobile computing controls.
Scope - The review will focus on:
- Mobile devices connected to the enterprise network or containing enterprise data
- Mobile devices in scope include:
- Laptops, notebooks and netbooks
- Portable digital assistants (PDAs)
- Portable Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices for storage (such as thumb drives and MP3/4 devices) and for connectivity (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and HSDPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS modem cards)
- Digital cameras
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) and mobile RFID (M-RFID) devices for data storage, identification and asset management
- Infrared-enabled (IrDA) devices such as printers and smart cards
You must sign in to rate content.