Today marks the launch of the CSX Practitioner (CSXP) certification exam. For the first time, cybersecurity professionals can now obtain a vendor-neutral, performance-based cyber certification.
With Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), ISACA has made a commitment. Through training, guidance, education and credentialing, we will help develop a skilled cybersecurity workforce to reduce the global skills gap, and we will provide resources for cyber professionals at every level of their careers. CSXP is one way we are fulfilling that commitment.
Research shows that the majority of employers—nearly 7 in 10—are requiring cybersecurity job candidates to hold a certification. They are also looking for candidates with hands-on skills. When a prospective employee has CSXP, it indicates that they fulfill both of those criteria and that he or she has the skills needed to help protect the organization.
To earn CSXP, candidates must pass an exam in a state-of-the-art, adaptive, performance-based cyber laboratory environment. The exam measures skills and abilities in a virtual setting using real-world cyber security scenarios. Registration is now open for the exam, and a beta test rate is available for those who take the exam and complete a survey by 1 October 2015.
Very soon, ISACA’s CSX will offer cyber training and certifications for all skill levels and specialties:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate—Knowledge-based certificate that demonstrates a foundational understanding of cybersecurity (currently available)
- CSX Practitioner—Demonstrates ability to be a first responder to cyber incidents, following established procedures and defined processes. CSXP indicates firewall, patching and anti-virus experience, as well as the ability to implement common security controls and perform vulnerability scans and analysis. (currently available)
- CSX Specialist—Demonstrates effective skills and deep knowledge in one or more of the five areas based closely on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework: Identify, Detect, Protect, Respond and Recover (coming soon)
- CSX Expert—Demonstrates ability of a master/expert-level cybersecurity professional who can identify, analyze, respond to and mitigate complex cybersecurity incidents (coming soon)
- Certified Information Security Manager—Demonstrates the ability to manage, design, oversee and assess an enterprise’s information security program (currently available)
It is an exciting time of opportunity for cyber professionals. Companies and government organizations need you more than ever. As you grow your career in this area, know that we are here for you—we will help you stand out, grow your career and connect with a global community of cybersecurity experts.
Christos Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC
2015-2016 ISACA International President