Technology advances at a remarkable pace, connecting enterprises with customers in new ways and positioning organizations to achieve greater success through digital transformation. As ISACA’s professional community is acutely aware, those advancements are accompanied by new security threats, new legal and regulatory challenges, and questions about what all of this will mean for the business technology workforce.
Here is one certainty: the roles played by ISACA’s professional community are more important today than ever before. We enter the new year energized to build off ISACA’s achievements of 2017 and take even bolder steps forward in 2018 to deliver upon our purpose and promise.
ISACA’s leadership team met in December to review some of the 2017 outcomes. Some of the year’s many highlights included:
- The launch of ISACA’s CSX Training Platform, providing enterprises on-demand, real-world cybersecurity training solutions;
- The first full year of operation for ISACA’s Customer Experience Center, which helped the organization better meet our professional community’s needs, including successfully managing the transition to computer-based testing for our core certifications;
- The creation of a plan to build out our business development efforts in China;
- The Leadership Development Advisory Council’s work to create a new program that will help ISACA members advance their careers and expand the pipeline of future volunteer leaders;
- The official launch of ISACA’s SheLeadsTech program, with a new mission to empower, elevate and engage women in leadership roles across the global technology community;
- Many new doors opened and relationships established with influential leaders and policymakers in Washington, D.C., London, Brussels and beyond;
- Growth in the geographic footprint and collective impact of ISACA’s conferences, including record attendance at North America CACS.
This is just a representative slice of how ISACA worked to advance the needs of our professional community in 2017. In 2018, our board of directors, professional staff and incredible network of chapters and volunteers will build off this momentum while also prioritizing new opportunities to amplify the organization’s influence and impact.
Across the spectrum of our professional domains, there is much to anticipate in the new year. Cybersecurity continues to command mindshare across the globe. On that front, we will continue optimizing our relationship with the CMMI Institute with a new cyber assessment tool that will allow enterprises to better understand their level of cyber resilience in the context of risk management and compliance, and in comparison to other organizations.
We will deliver new cybersecurity resources specifically geared toward auditors, and we will commit to purposeful dialogue that will help our professional community understand how automation and the shifting technology landscape will impact the future of our core areas of interest, such as audit and assurance, and information and technology governance. Our commitment to helping auditors advance their expertise and career growth through credentialing, the latest training and education opportunities and an ever-expanding array of audit and assurance programs remains steadfast.
Whether you’re reading this from Europe or elsewhere around the globe, there is an excellent chance that GDPR – which will be enforceable in May – will change the way you and your organization conduct business. ISACA’s GDPR working group is overseeing an inspired push to help our professional community prepare for this high-impact regulation and its after-effects.
The new year also will bring ramped-up attention and focus on ISACA’s upcoming 50th anniversary, with festivities officially kicking off later this year leading up to a yearlong global celebration of our 50th throughout 2019. While our anniversary celebration will include recognition of the organization’s remarkable past, there will be a larger emphasis placed on envisioning ISACA’s next 50 years. That is because we recognize what a valuable resource ISACA can be to help our professional community navigate the technology sea changes that are reshaping the global economy and society as a whole.
What an exciting year ahead that awaits us all! As it begins, I would like to thank you for being part of ISACA’s global family. I wish you a wonderful new year, and can hardly wait to see what’s next together.