Back to Community Leader Recognition page
Official Rules – Knowledge Center Participation Program (“Program”)
How to Enter
- E-mail email@example.com with the subject line: Enter Knowledge Center Participation Program.
- Generate discussion on www.ISACA.org consistent with ISACA’s Knowledge Center Guidelines as a topic leader.
- The topic leader with the highest rate will be awarded a complementary ISACA conference package with attendance fee, airfare and hotel costs for an ISACA International conference being held in 2015 in the region where the winner resides.
- No purchase or Contribution is necessary to enter or win. To use an alternate method of entry, send your name, address, e-mail in a letter with the subject line: KNOWLEDGE CENTER DISCUSSIONS via postal mail to ATTN: KNOWLEDGE CENTER ISACA HQ, 1700 E. Golf Road, Suite 400, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173, USA.
Conditions of Entry
- By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of ISACA, which are final and binding in all respects and further acknowledge that non-compliance with these Rules, including the Knowledge Center Guidelines, will result in disqualification from the Program.
- By entering your name and e-mail in the Program and engaging in discussions and replies (“Contributions”) in the Knowledge Center, you hereby represent that your Contributions will not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other right of any third party. In submitting Contributions, you hereby represent that you have the right to grant any and do in fact grant all rights in the Contributions to ISACA, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright. Such Contributions may be used by ISACA in any manner or media in perpetuity without compensation.
- The Contest will begin at 12:00AM CST, 2014-01-01 and end at 12:00AM CST, 2014-12-31
- This Promotion is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and who are ISACA members and topic leaders.
- Participants must be ISACA members and topic leaders.
- Employees of ISACA, paid vendors and their families are not eligible to win prizes.
Selection of Winner
- ISACA will monitor the discussion/reply rate for topic leaders and on a quarterly basis will recognize the top three contributors on the web site and within @ISACA each quarter.
- ISACA will calculate the highest average discussion/reply rate for topic leaders who have elected to participate in the promotion for the period beginning on 2014-01-01 through and including 2014-12-31.
- Recognition on the web site and within @ISACA
- One complementary ISACA conference package with attendance fee, airfare and hotel costs for an ISACA International conference being held in 2015 in the region where the winner resides.
Restrictions: This Program is void where prohibited or restricted by any relevant federal, state or local law, including but not limited to jurisdictions with laws that would require registration, disclosure, filing, trust account or posting of a bond, or any other requirements that are not satisfied.
Limitation on Liability: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, neither ISACA, nor any supplier, employee, director or agent shall be liable under any legal or equitable theory for (a) any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submitting Contributions that may limit your ability to participate in this Program, (b) failure of your Contribution to be counted in the Program, or (c) any injuries, losses or damages caused by the Prize awarded (or failed to be awarded) in the Program or participation in the Program. Neither ISACA nor employees of ISACA may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of a prize once possession has been taken of the prize by the winner.
By entering the Program, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Program will be decided by binding arbitration in the State of Illinois, County of Cook with Illinois law governing.
ISACA is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any Program promoted by ISACA. However, any claims judgments and/or awards against ISACA shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with entering the Program and the Program participant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney’s fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages to entrant, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise.
Release and Publicity: Your entry information in this promotion and, you hereby forever release, grant and assign to ISACA the right to disclose your name and to display, use, modify and edit your Contributions for the purposes of promoting and advertising your participation in the Program, including, without limitation, a press release. You hereby acknowledge and agree that ISACA is hereby granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right to display, perform, use, reproduce, modify, distribute and provide access to all Contributions (including all related intellectual property rights) and in connection with ISACA services and the ISACA web site.
Other Terms: ISACA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering or otherwise interfering with the Program. ISACA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the Program at any time. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Contributions submitted prior to the deadline of 31 December 2014.
Prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed or exchanged for other alternative goods or services.
The prize winner will be subject to, and responsible for, all applicable taxes and withholding. The prize winner is required to verify proper and legal picture identification within thirty (30) days of notification of winning a prize. Prize Winner may forfeit any and all of the prize if verification cannot or has not been made within thirty (30) days
In the event of a tie, ISACA reserves the right to decide how the prize will be awarded. All decisions are final and subject to ISACA’s discretion.
ISACA reserves the right to alter any rules of this Program at any time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Back to Community Leader Recognition page