Participate in Discussions Via Email
ISACA is pleased to announce the launch of email-enabled discussions. Once you enable this feature, you can participate in Knowledge Center topic discussions by responding to the discussion alerts that are sent to your email address. This includes:
- Setting the alert frequency: Receive immediate alerts, daily summaries or weekly summaries.
- Respond to discussions by replying to the immediate email discussion alert.
- There is no need to log back on to the web site to participate!
If you currently receive alerts, you MUST subscribe to alerts in order to continue receiving alerts and to participate via email.
PLEASE NOTE: If your email message includes an automatic signature, the signature will be posted to the web site with your reply. If you do not wish to publicly share this information, please delete it prior to replying to the alert.
To enable this new feature
- Log on to www.isaca.org.
- Click on “Knowledge Center” under the ISACA tab.
- Using the tabs at the top of the page, navigate to your topic. If you already belong to a topic, click “My Topics” to quickly locate your topics
- On the topic overview page, just below the topic summary, you will see “Recent Discussions”. Click on the “more” link at the bottom of this box.
- On the right side of the discussion overview page, click the “Set Alerts / Participate by Email” button.
- Set the frequency of the alert
- Immediate alerts will allow you to participate by email.
- Daily and Weekly digests contain links to the discussions on the ISACA web site. You must follow the link and log in prior to responding.
- To disable an alert, click on “Manage My Alerts” and select “none” as the frequency. Then click ok. The “Manage Alerts/Email” button will appear at the top of every discussion page within the topic.
- Alerts will be sent to the email address listed in your ISACA profile. To respond to a discussion, simply reply by email.
- To manage multiple topic alerts, click on My Alerts at the top right side of the page
An Important note about your email address:
- Alerts will be sent to the email address in your ISACA profile. If you respond to a discussion, the system will allow the message to post ONLY from the address that is in your profile.
- To view or update your email address,
- Log on to www.isaca.org.
- Click on the MyISACA tab
- Click on MyProfile in the top navigation.
- Click on the Account – Certification CPE – Demographic Info tab to view the email address on file.
- To make changes to the email, scroll to the bottom of the page and click edit, make your change, then click “save my changes”.
learn about the knowledge Center