Purchase the e-Book
Purchase the Book
Visit the Unix-like Knowledge Center community
This document, which focuses on the Linux security issues for one of the more popular versions of Linux, Redhat version 9/Fedora, provides a standard reference for Linux security controls and their audit for security administrators, security professionals and information systems auditors. It provides the following guidance to IT management:
- The business and technology drivers for Linux are provided.
- The vulnerabilities of the Linux operating system are identified.
- Risk management issues are addressed with an action-oriented perspective.
- Linux security software is discussed.
- How to secure Linux installations to fulfill the control objectives of two well-known standards—COBIT and ISO 17799 is addressed.
- Detailed internal control questionnaires are provided.