Download (592K; Member Only)
Purchase the Book
Provide feedback on this document
Visit the Audit Tools and Techniques Knowledge Center community
IT audit and assurance professionals are expected to customize this document to the environment in which they are performing an assurance process. This document is to be used as a review tool and starting point. It may be modified by the IT audit and assurance professional; it is not intended to be a checklist or questionnaire. It is assumed that the IT audit and assurance professional has the necessary subject matter expertise required to conduct the work and is supervised by a professional with the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation and/or necessary subject matter expertise to adequately review the work performed.
Domino server comprises a series of cooperating processes that communicate with one another on multiple servers and connect to remote computers.
During the audit planning process, the auditor must determine the scope of the audit. Depending on the specific implementation, this may include:
- Evaluation of governance, policies and oversight relating to Domino server
- Data classification policies and management
- The relevant Domino server business case, deployment or upgrade, strategy and implementation controls
- Technical architecture, including interfaces with existing applications, security systems, multiple platforms (operating systems supporting Domino) and technology
- Assessments of IT architecture to support the servers
- Baseline configurations of specific hardware/software implementation
- Issues related to decentralized Domino servers
- Issues related to failover clustering, where appropriate