Provide feedback on this document
Successful enterprises strive to avoid serious failures through effective governance. They plan and execute a strategic undertaking with oversight at the highest levels to avoid the risk of failure. They also make sure controls are in place to avoid operational risks when new services are delivered.
The guide is based on the experiences of many enterprises and experts around the world and is meant to:
- Increase awareness, understanding and adoption of IT governance by enabling CIOs and other executives in change of IT to better understand the why, what and how of IT governance
- Create a call to enterprises for the need to adopt the concepts of IT governance
- Assist the CIO’s and other executive's effort to increase the enterprise's leadership awareness of the need to do it and obtain their support
- Assist the CIO’s and other executive's effort (or sponsor) to facilitate understanding of the topic and obtain their buy-in and commitment
- Assist the CIO’s and other executive's effort to provide leadership for successful implementation, adoption and execution of IT governance
The guide explains what IT governance is and why it is important. It describes the key players in the enterprise in IT governance and explains how effective IT governance is implemented. It provides guidance on determining the current enterprise IT governance status and steps for improvement.