Enhance Your Professional Resources, Grow the Profession
As an influential member of your academic institution's faculty, ISACA knows that you value the education your students receive and the direction it gives them in deciding what they will do in their professional careers. Becoming an ISACA member, either through the Academic Advocates Program or through Professional Membership gives you access to an abundance of resources that will not only assist your students but benefit you as well.
ISACA's membership—more than 100,000 strong worldwide—is characterized by its diversity. Members live and work in more than 160 countries and cover a variety of professional IT-related positions. Some are in the most senior ranks, others are at middle management levels and still others are new to the field. They work in nearly all industry categories, including financial and banking, public accounting, government and the public sector, utilities and manufacturing.
Need more reasons? Visit Member Value.
Key ISACA Membership Benefits
Explore ISACA's wide range of member programs, educational opportunities, authoritative publications, and discounted products.
- ISACA Model Curriculum for IS and Control provides support for curriculum development utilizing research in the IS audit and control fields. ISACA Model Curriculum for Information Security Management provides support for security management curriculum development. The curricula outline the academic training needed to prepare candidates for entry-level positions.
- IT Governance Using COBIT and Val IT is high-quality educational material that is provided to instructors to help them utilize this international guideline and its concepts in the classroom.
- Complimentary ISACA Membership (available exclusively to Academic Advocate members) provides those enrolled in the Academic Advocate Program with additional benefits including access to ISACA’s eLibrary, an ISACA Bookstore discount, with a special Academic pricing discount for more than 5 copies, subscription to the ISACA Journal and much more. ISACA membership also gives you access to educational resources developed by IT professionals in the ISACA community (applicable local chapter dues apply).
the result of years of research and cooperation among global IT and business experts, provides an authoritative, international set of generally accepted IT practices for business managers, security professionals and auditors. (Academic Advocates are supplied a hard copy of COBIT.)
COBIT helps organizations acquire and implement, deliver and support, and monitor and evaluate. This material has been used successfully as teaching material throughout the world and is offered at a volume discount to academia. Member educators may download IT Governance Using COBIT and Val IT,
the material that specifically supports teaching COBIT in the classroom.
ISACA Journal IT Audit Basics
columns provide information on a variety of topics of interest for the classroom.
- ISACA eLibrary is a comprehensive, on-demand collection of more than 525 books, including nearly all ISACA/IT Governance Institute published books and third-party titles—all available free of charge.
- ISACA eLibrary is a comprehensive, on-demand collection of content from nearly all ISACA/IT Governance Institute published books and more than 425 third-party titles − all available free of charge.
- Academic research is a vital part of any curriculum. Academic Advocates and Ph.D. students can submit research surveys for evaluation and possible posting to the ISACA web site (available exclusively to Academic Advocate and Ph. D students who are members of ISACA).
- Recognition for your Institution. Schools that have adopted an ISACA Model Curricula for IS Audit or IS Security are eligible for recognition on the ISACA web site. This designation helps students find schools that offer the programs they need and allows colleges and universities market their programs to recruiters seeking students with specific qualifications. Schools that have established an ISACA Student Group, usually with the assistance of a local chapter, are also eligible for recognition on the ISACA web site. ISACA Student Groups provide education beyond the classroom and access to professionals in the area, preparing students for their careers and developing future leaders.
- An Online Community of Academic Advocates (available exclusively to Academic Advocates) provides convenient access to an online network of colleagues. Community participants can access information, exchange expertise and experience, and build new understanding through collaboration.
- Discounts on ISACA Certification. Research shows that ISACA certification holders are among the highest paid and most respected information systems professionals. ISACA offers four certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk Information Systems Controls (CRISC).
- Promote ISACA Student Membership and Open the Door to Future Employers, Professional Knowledge and Resources for Your Students. ISACA Student Membership offers the benefits of ISACA membership to students at a significantly reduced rate.