Connecting exceptional people with exceptional knowledge to provide our members with a robust offering of benefits
ISACA Membership - A Competitive Advantage
Did you know?
- It took the radio 38 years, the television 13, but the internet only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
- Research and Markets analysts are expecting cloud computing to be a $160.2 billion market by 2015.
- There are almost a one-quarter of a million mobile applications for the iPhone and more than 70,000 for the Android platform.
These exciting, innovative, and volatile times are here to stay - quickly evolving technologies such as cloud computing and mobile devices and applications - and the list goes on. The computer industry is ever changing; companies and people are demanding more and more – faster hardware, new and enhanced software capabilities and functionalities, improved security measures, and effective controls and procedures to audit these moving parts. In addition, companies expect more out of the vendors they use to supply the hardware, software, and services.
Consequently, it is more important than ever to keep up with the computer industry, regardless of whether your interest is in auditing and controls, information security, or even a personal interest. Read further to see how being a member of ISACA can help!
ISACA® – Background
ISACA is internationally recognized as a high-performing organization that addresses global, national and local information systems and business issues. Since ISACA’s® establishment more than twenty-five years ago, information systems (IS) audit and control leaders worldwide have fostered and enhanced the profession through the advancement of standards and practices, education, certifications*, research, publications, and increased visibility. ISACA®'s membership, more than 95,000 worldwide - is characterized by its diversity. Members live and work in more than 140 countries and cover nearly all industries, including information technology, financial and banking, public accounting, manufacturing, utilities, education, government and the public sector.
ISACA®’s global certifications, listed below, foster the education, recognition, and achievement of individuals who have met the requirements.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor™ (CISA®) – recognized globally and has been earned by more than 60,000 professionals
- Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT® (CGEIT®)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC®)
ISACA® Membership & Benefits
Membership requires joining both the international association and your local chapter. There are various membership types, including professional, student, and academic. For additional information on the types of membership, click here. Regardless of the membership type that meets your needs, the same, tremendous benefits exist. Working closely together, the Middle Tennessee Chapter and the ISACA® International Association provide an essential package of benefits and activities to professionals in the disciplines of IS audit, control, security, and quality assurance. We offer outstanding benefits that help provide you with a competitive advantage through keeping a pulse on current marketplace trends and topics. This information is translated into free Continuing Professional Education (CPE), discounts on products and events, access to a network of resources – both people and reference materials, such as the ISACA® e-Library. Below are some of the specific benefits:
- ISACA eLibrary—A comprehensive collection of nearly all ISACA/ITGI published books and over 350 additional titles
- Free CPE—ISACA certified members can earn over 60 FREE CPEs per year.
- CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certification—Member discounts for exam study aids, registration and maintenance
- Conferences and Training—Member discounts on more than 25 ISACA events annually
- Webcasts and e-Symposia—Members obtain up to 3 free CPE hours monthly!
- Local (Chapter-level) Education—Access to affordable CPE programs and information exchange through regular chapter meetings and events
- Bookstore —Member discounts on ISACA publications and research
- Career Centre Enhancements—Access more jobs, including those posted on other job boards, more robust tools for job seekers and, coming soon—a free job board for freelancers.
- Access My ISACA to update your profile and CPE hours.
Local Chapter Involvement
- Networking opportunities through regular Chapter meetings and technical sessions
- Access to affordable educational seminars and workshops for continuing professional development
- Access to timely chapter communications (newsletters, web site)
- Participation in local board and committee activities
- Local leadership and collaboration opportunities
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the local business community
Research and Knowledge
- ISACA Journal —The bimonthly technical journal, and an additional source of free CPE hours
- @ISACA—A biweekly newsletter, conveniently delivering ISACA and professional news electronically
- COBIT Online—Discounted subscription and complimentary baseline functionality
- COBIT Quickstart—Complimentary member download - $55 value
- Downloads—Members-only research discounts or preferred access to COBIT 4.1, Risk IT: Based on COBIT, Val IT and many other publications from ITGI
- Knowledge Center—Exclusive access to one convenient online location where members can access professional knowledge. Network, learn and exchange ideas globally with peers through communities, shared interest groups, discussions and document sharing. Get a holistic view into all ISACA resources.
- Standards—Easy access to ISACA's IS Auditing Standards, Guidelines and Procedures
- Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQs)—Guidance tools for best practices
- Research Opportunities—Support the work of the IT Governance Institute in developing products for IT governance control, assurance and taburity professionals
Community and Leadership
Join ISACA Today!
Please visit here
to initiate the ISACA membership process – it’s quick and easy! Feel free to contact any of the Middle Tennessee Chapter Board Members with questions you might have. We look forward to meeting you at the next Middle Tennessee Chapter meeting!