Member = $500
Non-member = $600
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Monday, April 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM
- to -
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 4:30 PM (PDT)
Bell Harbor Conference Center
2211 Alaskan Way, Pier 66
Seattle, WA 98121
As IT audit, internal audit, and information security professionals, we need to help build and ensure the effectiveness of cyber security programs. But what are the components of an effective security program? And what are the most prevalent threats and how should organizations protect against them? Learn what it takes to build a threat-resistant cyber security program in this 2-day seminar taught by Shawna Flanders, Director of Instructional Technology & Innovation at MISTI.
Attendees will receive 16 CPEs. Your registration includes lunch and continental breakfast on both days of the seminar.
Day 1 – Our focus today will be assessing the current environment in order to develop or enhance existing programs around data governance, data privacy and cyber security.
Topics will include:
• Critical components and success factors when building or assessing cybersecurity and privacy programs
• Policy considerations related to data and information
• Data privacy and cyber assessments
• Cyber inherent risk profile
• Cyber maturity modeling
• Privacy and cyber contract language (SLA, MOU, SOW)
There will be a mock assessment today covering both inherent risk and maturity modeling.
Day 2 – Today’s attention will turn to the threats facing our enterprises to help understand the scope and depth of our programs and controls to bring risks to acceptable levels where feasible.
Topics will include:
• Common cyber-related vulnerabilities, threats, and risks facing enterprises
• Basic control suites to defend against cyber attacks and better ensure data privacy and data management including: DLP, LDAP/AD, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, End Point, Storage, Vulnerability Management, Patching, Hardening, Configuration, Identity Management, etc.
There will be several scenario-based exercises covering threats and control effectiveness.
Instructor: Shawna M Flanders, Senior MISTI Instructor
Shawna Flanders is MISTI’s Director of Instructional Technology & Innovation. Her passion rests firmly on three pillars:
- Enriching companies in building and improving their strategies, programs and underlying processes (primarily within technology, Technology Internal Audit, IT GRC, Technology Related Risk Management, Information Security, BCP/DR, Project Management and Process Reengineering);
- Mentoring individuals: both in the topics above as well as aiding in their quest for ISACA certifications;
- Enhancing and developing curriculum and other publications to improve the profession.
With nearly 29 years of experience in the financial services sector, Shawna brings her real world experience to every engagement. Shawna has completed certificate programs in Risk Management from Kaplan University and Six Sigma Green & Lean/Black Belt from Villanova University, and has earned the Life Operations Management Association – Associate of Customer Service designation as well as holding certifications in CRISC, CISM, CISA and CSSGB.
Shawna teaches several MISTI seminars. She designs her own course content and also has contributed and/or reviewed multiple publications including ISACA CRISC and CISM Review Manuals; Risk IT and COBIT® 5 for Risk. She has also participated in development of the Risk Management and Assurance ISACA Training Week courses.
This is going to be a great event, and seats are limited, so register now!
See you there!