ISACA volunteers and members are urged to register soon for CSX 2017 North America, planned for 2-4 October, U.S. National Cyber Security Awareness month.
This year’s event offers seven educational pathways, each featuring an essential and an advanced level for technology professionals, cyber security practitioners and managers. These pathways align to the U.S. Government’s N.I.S.T. framework for Cyber Security preparedness and relate to specific topic areas:
- Identify (Asset Management, Business Continuity Planning, Systems Governance, Risk Assessment)
- Protect (Organizational Awareness, Data Security, Enterprise Policies)
- Detect (Breach Detection, Systems Monitoring)
- Respond (Breach Incident Response, Breach Mitigation, Process Improvements)
- Recover (Disaster Recovery Planning, External and Internal Communications)
- Defend (Staffing, Education, Management and Team Leadership)
- Explore (New Technology and Innovation Solutions)
At the conference, held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC, ISACA plans to release findings of recent industry research highlighting the important roles and responsibilities Boards and senior executive hold in establishing a culture of cyber security in today’s business environments.
ISACA will also feature developments related to its recently released CSX Training Platform which offers cyber security practitioners, managers and those looking to hire cyber security talent, an easily accessible, regularly updated educational and testing environment.
Registration for CSX North America is available online through 25 September. ISACA members can earn up to 32 continuing professional education (CPE) credits at the conference. Please use this Registration Link as it will be tracked back to our chapter.