A premier organization for professionals in the areas of Information Systems (IS), IS Risk, IS Governance, IS Audit and IS Security in Egypt.
. To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of ISACA members in the interrelated fields of IS governance, IS audit, security, risk, control and assurance.
· To encourage an open exchange of IS governance, IS audit, security, control, and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members.
· To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IS governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be of benefit to them and their employers.
· To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IS governance and the effective organization and utilization of IS resources.
. Building a network of professionals working in the fields of IS Governance, Information Security, IS auditing and Assurance, in the different lines of business.
· Contributing to the profession in the local market, by organizing educational events, conferences and training.
· Increasing awareness of the profession within the new graduates and university students, and support to students that are interested in pursuing a career in IS Audit field.
· Communication, to keep members well-informed of current events in IS Audit, IS Governance, Risk Management and Security fields that can be of benefit to them and to their organizations.
· Leading local events such as workshops, educational seminars to higher the networking connectivity between members.
· Providing elite speakers from the profession of the market for experience exchange, best practices & professional education.
On this website, you will find a wealth of information about events and volunteer opportunities within our chapter.
The ISACA Cairo Chapter is run by volunteering Board of Directors whom chapter members nominated. ISACA Cairo Chapter Board of Directors consists of 5 Board members. Like our membership, the Board members represent a wide array of industries including consulting, education, financial services, and public entities. Board meets on monthly basis to discuss closely & monitor Chapter activities, progress rates, KPI’s and follow up on various projects that will align with the Chapter Strategic vision and the status of various projects.
ISACA Cairo Chapter Board Members: -
- ISACA eLibrary—A comprehensive collection of nearly all ISACA/ITGI published books and over 350 additional titles
- Free CPE—ISACA certified members can earn over 60 FREE CPEs per year.
- CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certification—Member discounts for exam study aids, registration and maintenance
- Conferences and Training—Member discounts on more than 25 ISACA events annually
- Webcasts and e-Symposia—Members obtain up to 3 free CPE hours monthly!
- Local (Chapter-level) Education—Access to affordable CPE programs and information exchange through regular chapter meetings and events
- Bookstore —Member discounts on ISACA publications and research
- Career Centre Enhancements—Access more jobs, including those posted on other job boards, more robust tools for job seekers and, coming soon—a free job board for freelancers.
- Access My ISACA to update your profile and CPE hours.
Research and Knowledge
- ISACA Journal —The bimonthly technical journal, and an additional source of free CPE hours
- @ISACA—A biweekly newsletter, conveniently delivering ISACA and professional news electronically
- COBIT Online—Discounted subscription and complimentary baseline functionality
- COBIT Quickstart—Complimentary member download - $55 value
- Downloads—Members-only research discounts or preferred access to COBIT 4.1, Risk IT: Based on COBIT, Val IT and many other publications from ITGI
- Knowledge Center—Exclusive access to one convenient online location where members can access professional knowledge. Network, learn and exchange ideas globally with peers through communities, shared interest groups, discussions and document sharing. Get a holistic view into all ISACA resources.
- Standards—Easy access to ISACA's IS Auditing Standards, Guidelines and Procedures
- Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQs)—Guidance tools for best practices
- Research Opportunities—Support the work of the IT Governance Institute in developing products for IT governance control, assurance and taburity professionals
Latest version of the ISACA Cairo
Chapter Bylaws is here >>
Code of Conduct
ISACA® sets forth this Code of Professional Ethics to guide the professional and personal
conduct of members of the association and/or its certification holders.
Members and ISACA certification holders shall:
• Support the implementation of, and encourage compliance with, appropriate standards, procedures and controls for information systems.
• Perform their duties with objectivity, due diligence and professional care, in accordance with professional standards and best practices.
• Serve in the interest of stakeholders in a lawful and honest manner, while maintaining high standards of conduct and character, and not engage in acts discreditable to the profession.
• Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their duties unless disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or released to inappropriate parties.
• Maintain competency in their respective fields and agree to undertake only those activities, which they can reasonably expect to complete with professional competence.
• Inform appropriate parties of the results of work performed; revealing all significant facts known to them.
• Support the professional education of stakeholders in enhancing their understanding of information systems security and control.
Failure to comply with this Code of Professional Ethics can result in an investigation into a member's, and/or certification holder's conduct and, ultimately, in disciplinary measures.
All related information included under ISACA Cairo Chapter is to comply & follow Egypt Country Laws & legislations
Information from Others: ISACA Cairo Chapter may include or provide links to other web sites on the Internet. These other web sites may provide opinions, recommendations, or other information from various individuals, sponsors, organizations or companies.
IN PROVIDING SUCH LINKS, ISACA CAIRO CHAPTER DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THE CONTENT OF SUCH INFORMATION. ISACA CAIRO CHAPTER DOES NOT ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, WARRANT, OR RECOMMEND THE ACCURACY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR NECESSARILY SUBSCRIBE TO ANY SUCH OPINIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS. FURTHER, TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU MAKE USE OF ANY LINK TO ANY OTHER WEB SITE ON THE INTERNET, THE DISCLOSURE, REPRODUCTION, SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON MAY BE PROHIBITED.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES, IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IS IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. ISACA CAIRO CHAPTER NEITHER SPONSORS NOR IS AFFILIATED WITH ANY WEB SITE TO WHICH THIS WEB SITE LINKS. INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED INCLUSIVE OF ANY PROPER PROCEDURES OR TESTS OR EXCLUSIVE OF OTHER PROCEDURES OR TESTS THAT ARE REASONABLY DIRECTED TO OBTAINING THE SAME RESULTS. IN DETERMINING THE PROPRIETY OF ANY SPECIFIC PROCEDURE OR TEST, THE USER SHOULD APPLY HIS OR HER OWN JUDGMENT TO THE SPECIFIC ISSUES PRESENTED BY HIS OR HER PARTICULAR SYSTEMS OR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENVIRONMENT.
Hold Harmless and Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ISACA Cairo Chapter, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of the Site in a manner that violates or is alleged to violate these conditions.
BY ENTERING THE SITE YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ISACA CAIRO CHAPTER, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE, AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON IS OR ANY OTHER INTERACTION WITH ISACA Cairo CHAPTER. IN DOING SO, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING VOLUNTARILY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY ANY LIABILITY OF ISACA Cairo CHAPTER.