IT Governance Manager
- Job ID #: 138186
- Functional Area: Information Technology
- Select Job Grade(s) 20
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%): 10-15
- Location: TX-Houston; NC-Charlotte
- Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Relocation Provided: No
Location: Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX
The IT Governance Function is responsible for IT Regulatory Compliance, IT Audit Governance and IT Governance support. The IT Governance Function is charged with managing professional relationship with regulatory agencies and providing guidance on dealing with IT regulatory developments, preparing reports for various Steering and Board Committees, and monitoring compliance with IT regulations and strategic objectives.
The role is responsible for supporting management with its responsibilities in responding to requests from internal and external audit entities including reviewing requests, monitoring audit execution and reviewing findings with governance bodies.
•Review technology action plans to ensure reported finding and associated risks are addressed
• Provide guidance in the creation of action plans and assist business owner to develop remediating action plans
• Negotiate the specifics of the audit issues with Internal Audit Group in order to impact the final audit report rating.
•Manage internal and external audit IT-specific requests
•Evidentiary collection and review for all issue closure documentation
•Provide integration and escalation assistance with AIG Technology teams for standard solution deployments.
• Coordinate and prepare reports for various Management Committees with a focus on accuracy, consistency and clarity.
• Prepare monthly global dashboard (comprehensive IT reports including KPIs, KRIs, SLAs, project portfolio etc.) with drill down milestones
• Partners with operational areas within IT to build strong working relationships, improve workflow and solve organizational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 2 years from the date of hire.
- 8-10 years of experience in a medium to large corporate organization; financial services, insurance industry and / or management consulting experience a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-organizational and cross-functional teams in a global matrix environment.
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices
- Possesses intermediate-level understanding of IT general controls (security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, etc.) and IT application control concepts (application processing controls, system reconciliations, interfaces, reports testing, workflows); proficient understanding of system development lifecycle methodology, operating system and database platforms (mainframe, client/server, Web services, Windows, UNIT, AS400, DB2, etc.).
- Possesses proficient understanding of ISACA’s Generally Accepted Audit Standards. Possess proficient understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, risk management, also intermediate-level understanding of the financial or insurance services industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening
Experience in developing and delivering presentations to managemen
About UsAmerican International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance company. Tracing its roots to a company started in Shanghai in 1919, today AIG provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG’s diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol “AIG”.
AIG Commercial Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products for commercial and institutional customers through one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG Commercial Insurance offers one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, through its diversified, multichannel distribution network, benefitting from its strong capital position.
AIG Consumer Insurance is a premier provider of insurance products for individuals and families including select consumer property insurance offerings, life insurance protection, and retirement products. AIG has one of the largest life insurance, annuity and retirement services businesses in the United States with one of the broadest distribution networks and most diverse product offerings in the industry. AIG Consumer Insurance serves in the U.S. alone 18 million customers with life insurance products and retirement services.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig