As an IT Audit Manager, you will be a key member of the CBIZ Risk and Advisory Team and participate in multiple engagements,with public and private company clients in the mid-market ($100 million to $2 billion) range. The majority of our clients are in the banking/finance, government agency, healthcare, service, manufacturing, and real estate industries.
Our core service offerings include information technology internal audit, SSAE 16s, internal audit, and business process reviews. Heavy emphasis will be placed upon developing and executing annual IT audit plans, as well as documenting and testing IT processes. You will evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; recognize any internal control weaknesses and lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies, which may result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations.
Candidate will be responsible for preparation of audit reports that clearly and concisely communicate control issues, business impact, and management action plans and to review system backup disaster recovery and maintenance procedures and design/implement new and enhanced controls. Review of the work produced by junior level staff and the management of engagements is a critical part of this position.
Effective candidates will have a solid understanding of general computer controls, however, candidates should also have a strong technical auditing background and/or including experience with auditing a mainframe environment. Experience with Big 4 or Fortune 500 IT organizations is a plus.
Specific requirements within this fast-growing business include:
- 6 years of combined IT technical and audit experience, 3 years of supervision of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Accounting or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to document control issues, business impact, and management action plans
- Ability to take on a business development role in the firm
- Strong background in general and application IT control assessments
- Knowledge of COBIT and COSO and Sarbanes Oxley legislation and impact, HIPAA, Safe Harbor Privacy Rules and other regulations
- Strong background in technical systems and environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work-plan specifications and deadlines
- CISA certification required, CISSP, CPA preferred
- Supervision of IT Staff Auditors (up to 2) may be required
- 25-50% travel required
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top accounting service providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.