Internal Auditor Senior 

 JOB TITLE: Internal Auditor Senior
Department College System
Salary Range $55,108-$74,394
Requisition # 160033P

Interested applicants MUST complete an online application.

Visit click on Careers@HCC to apply.


As an experienced senior auditor with the ability to lead and direct a team, you will plan and conduct a wide variety of audits, advisory services and investigations projects.  You’ll lead every phase of the audits, from development to completion, including leading a selection of internal auditors, documenting the work performed, preparing audit points summarizing findings and recommendations, and discussing them with the audit client.


Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or other analytical discipline is required. 


  • Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA ) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required.
  • Certification in any of the following is a plus:
    • Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
    • Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
    • Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA)
    • Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO)


  • Five (5) or more years of full time diversified audit experience - financial, operational, corporate processes, business analysis, or investigations is required. (IT audit exposure is a plus).
  • Two years supervisory or project management experience preferred

 NOTE: Part-time experience will be counted as half of full-time experience; for example, two (2) years of part-time experience will equal one (1) year of full-time experience.

Prior to completing the online application, please review each requisition for complete details and requirements.  

It is the policy of the Houston Community College System to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact the Employment Services Office.