Thank you for the opportunity given me as your chapter President. I'm very proud to be a member of this chapter and hope to continue the fine work of previous chapter leaders and members.
Our mission as a chapter is: "To promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their abilities relating to auditing, management or consulting in the field of IS audit, security and control." One of the keys to achiveing this mission is the successful execution of the balanced scorecard intifiative. The key objectives of that scorecard include the following:
- Maintaining an effective and active local chapter operation
- Providing annual education programs for members and guests
- Promoting the personal growth and professional development of members, including:
- Support for the CISA/CISM/CGEIT/CRISC designations
- Serving as a leader in the are of IT Governance
- Maintaining contracts and supporting ISACA International activities
- Enlightening the business and regulatory community regarding ISACA and ITGI.
None of these objectives can be achieved without the active involvement of our membership. As a Board, we are committed to serving you and helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. Further, we need to make this an interactive experience between the Board and the membership to ensure that jointly we fulfill our mission. There are always volunteer opportunities to serve in the following areas:
- Education and Semiars - helping out and coordinating the monthly meetings and semiars. Please contact Bradley Benson, Vice-President.
- Membership - help contacting and inviting new members, newly certified CISA/CISM/CGEIT/CRISC, and intitiating a process for retaining members in the chapter. Please contact Board Member/Membershp Director, Rod Simpson
- Certification - help promote the CISA/CISM/CGEIT/CRISC certifications by giving promotional material to colleagues and other members, contacting exam registrants to inform them on the choices of preparing for the exam, and establish the Chapter as the key organization that provides them opportunities to earn their CPEs in an affordable and locally convenient manner. Please contact any of the Board Members listed on the website.
- Administration - being involved in membership surveys, the annual audit and the annual meeting - contact Bradley Benson or Mary Faulker.
I would encourage you to contact the appropriate Board member as noted above and see how you can become involved in your area of interest.
My best wishes to all of you in the next chapter year, and thank you for your continued membership and participation. I hope to meet many of you this year as we move forward together in the fulfillment of our mission.