We sponsor educational seminars and workshops, conduct chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the Information Systems (IS) Audit, Governance and Risk professions throughout our entire chapter area which includes Cedar Rapids, the Quad Cities, Iowa City and Dubuque.
The objectives of the Chapter are:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the
interrelated fields of auditing, quality assurance, security, IS audit and control, and IT governance;
- To encourage a free exchange of IS audit and control, quality assurance and security techniques,
approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IS audit and
control, quality assurance, and security fields that can be of benefit to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of
establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organization and utilization of IT resources, and;
- To promote the ISACA's professional certifications.
Your 2017 ISACA Illowa Chapter Board Members are:
Jaret Pfluger, President
Michael Wantock, Vice President
Jacob Sturm, Treasurer
Julie Hupp, Membership Director
Kellie Conner, Web Administrator
Bill Wells, Research & Communications Director
Terrance Knecht, CGEIT Coordinator
Martin Coe, CISA/CISM Academic Relations Coordinator
Amy Nemmers, CRISC Coordinator
The chapter is registered with the state of Iowa as the "ILLOWA ISACA Chapter." Our Annual General Meeting takes place in October, usually comprising the final hour of our Fall Seminar. Nominations for Board positions are taken prior to October. We highly encourage local ISACA members to participate in running and supporting our chapter. Read our bylaws.