Outgoing President Message:
I would like to thank our executive officers, directors, and volunteers for their countless efforts in making this year another successful year. During my term I was fortunate to have an unprecedented number of competent directors and volunteers who ran all aspects of our chapter effectively and efficiently. Because of their dedication we were able to add significant value to our members, for example:
- Offered 16 BC AWARE complimentary privacy and security events to 800+ participants in 4 cities;
- Offered 8 monthly educational sessions of which 3 were complimentary;
- Offered 3 COBIT courses (Foundation, Implementation and Assessor);
- Introduced a Mentor/Mentee program;
- Provided a 2-day complimentary Cybersecurity training program;
- Offered complimentary CISA and CRISC exam preparation courses;
- Developed strong advocacy programs at various post-secondary institutions;
- Provided complimentary social events to our members.
The upcoming year is going to be even better under Justin’s leadership. Justin has been a visionary and brought our chapter to a whole new level. I am confident that he, along with the rest of the new Board, will add more value to you and our chapter.
And so with this I wish all of you another great year. If there’s anything I can do to be of help, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Onward and upward we go.
Rob Behrouzian, Past President
* * * * * * * * * *
ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus™ (CSX)
ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus™ (CSX) is the premier cybersecurity resource, offering everything an individual needs to go beyond what is expected and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-changing cyber landscape. CSX is helping shape the future of cybersecurity through cutting-edge thought leadership, as well as training and certification programs. With CSX, business leaders and cyber professionals can obtain the knowledge, tools, guidance and connections to be at the forefront of a vital and rapidly changing industry. Information to assist chapter leaders when speaking to and/or answering questions from constituents about CSX can be found on the CSX web site.
As mentioned in past communications, below are specific CSX-related resources that are currently available to chapters:
1. Chapter-hosted Cybersecurity Fundamentals Workshop
– Enables chapters to host their own, 2-day Cybersecurity Fundamentals Workshop. This workshop prepares attendees to take the related exam and receive the ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals certificate. Chapters can identify an individual(s) in their chapter to become a Cybersecurity Fundamentals trainer, and ISACA International will provide a brief tutorial to prepare the trainer(s), as well as the course content, at no cost to the chapter. As a reminder, this is the only CSX-related training or preparation course ISACA chapters are authorized to offer
. All other CSX training is available exclusively through ISACA International and our training partners. Further details are available on the Chapter Leader Portal.
2. Cybersecurity Fundamentals Onsite Training
– ISACA can also bring the training and trainer to you. With on-site training, ISACA can bring the 2-day Cybersecurity Fundamentals Workshop to your chapter, including ISACA-developed course materials and an approved trainer at a discounted, chapter-only rate. If your chapter is interested in this option, please contact ISACA's training staff for further details.
3. CSX Liaison
– This optional chapter leader position was created to open a direct line of communication on CSX between ISACA International and your chapter. If you have not already done so, your chapter may want to consider adding this position to your volunteer roles. ISACA will keep this individual informed of CSX-related items, which, in turn, will help your chapter stay up to date with new and upcoming CSX initiatives. If your chapter has a member to fill this role, please forward his/her name and member ID to email@example.com
Additional CSX-related resources will be communicated to your chapter as they become available. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* * * * * * * * * *