Welcome to the ISACA Kampala Chapter
Our aim is to sponsor local educational seminars and workshops, conduct regular chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession throughout the Kampala and surrounding areas. Visit our Home page here In 2017, ISACA published deliverables on topics ranging from the cloud to targeted cyber attacks to Big Data. ISACA members have full access to these research items, in addition to opportunities to join expert review teams to lend their expertise to projects in 2017. Membership enables you to advance your career and the IT profession itself. Join us!
6th East Africa Information Security Conference 2017
THEME: Navigating the Accelerated Cyber Threat Landscape
Date:- 16th- 18th August, 2017
VENUE:Speke Resort Munyonyo
FEE: -Members 800,000/=
-Non Members 900,000/=
-International Participants $250
TOPICS:AREAS OF DISCUSSION
Will be communicated soon
MONTHLY CPD WORKSHOP
Thursday April, 27th,2017
Topic: USING ADVANCED EXCEL TECHNIQUES TO IMPLEMENT BENFORD'S LAW AND UNEARTH FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS
RICHARD KANYESIGYE(MR. EXCEL)
Certified Encase Computer Forensics 2 Investigator/Director DATA Analytics, Summit Consulting Ltd.
Venue: Hotel Africana Time: 6pm - 8pm
Session Chair: Taremwa Maurice, CISA
Topic: Cyber Security; The Top 20 Controls in 2017
Bernard wanyama CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT
Director at Syntech Associates Limited/ Secretary - ISACA Kampala Chapter.
Information Technology professional with broad experience in Infrastructure Management, IT Risk & Governance, Service Delivery & Projects, with a solid background in the financial services sector.
Venue: Hotel Africana Time: 6pm - 8pm
Session Chair: Agella Tugume
2017 Exam windows:
1 May - 30 June 2107
1 August - 30 September 2107
1 November - 31 December 2107
|ISACA INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP||$135|
|LOCAL MEMBERSHIP(kampala chapter)||$50|
|NEW MEMBER FEE ONLINE||$10|
|EXAM REGISTRATION FEE members(Early Registration)||$525|
|LATE REGISTRATION FEE||$575|
|CISA CLASSES -MEMBERS||600,000/=|
Register for the 6th East African Information Security Conference 16th-18th August 2017 at 500,000/=
Lets talk Cyber Security as we Network with the biggest family in security
Register for membership and save $200
THE FEE COVERS BOTH Days: All conference materials including the Chapter's prestigious trademark Corporate Shirt/Blouse ISACA Metalic Coffee Cup Poster Reception (1) on August 17 After hours Party (1) on August 17 Continental breakfasts(2) and coffee breaks (6)
Cyber Security, CorbiT 5, Living in an Interconnected Environment, Securing and Interconnected Work Environment,Cyber security, Governance and Assurance THE FEE COVERS BOTH Days: AUGUST 17-18, 2017 All conference materials including the Chapter's prestigious trademark Corporate Shirt/Blouse ISACA Metalic Coffee Cup Poster Reception (1) on August 16 After hours Party (1) on August 17 Continental breakfasts(2) and coffee breaks (6)
For More information please contact the Chapter Administrator Margaret Omon Nambuusi on email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Office Line: +256392893965 or Cell:+256787467646 or +256701989799. You can also visit the Chapter Offices at General Post Office building 5th floor Suite 512 9:00am- 8:00pm Monday- Friday
Boost your earning potential, enhance your professional credibility and gain competitive advantage.
Time is now to register for an ISACA exam.
First things first
Renew your ISACA membership or join online now for membership through 31 December 2017.
Two out of three ISACA members say access to standards for good practice in security, audit and control of IT is their most valued benefit of ISACA membership. Browse www.isaca.org/knowledgecenter for specific topics related to standards, or link to current guidance on audit and assurance on the standards page at www.isaca.org/standards.
ISACA professional membership
ISACA professional membership equips you with the resources, training and education you need to expand your professional development opportunities.
You become a member because you want to Become better at your job, Support your profession, Increase your value to your employer by expanding your skill set, Expand your network of business contacts, Position yourself to participate in a global marketplace the list is endless.
Developed and administers four industry-leading certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT),
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC),
ISACA also offers
1. Publishes ISACA Journal, a bimonthly magazine with peer-reviewed technical and managerial content on IS audit, control, security and governance.
2. Publishes industry-leading research and guidance.
3. Provides professional standards, guidelines and tools and techniques for the IS audit and control professions.
4. Established its research affiliate, the IT Governance Institute (ITGI), (www.itgi.org) in 1998.
ISACA Student Member Benefits
ISACA student membership gives a student that edge by helping one to:
* Find the right job. Student membership gives students the knowledge and tools to develop their professional identity while also making connections with industry leaders in target fields, plus those who hire for the same positions. Student members may post resumes/CVs and get email job notifications from the ISACA Career centre.
* According to the ISACA Model Curricular graduates that are designated to be in alignment with the ISACA Model Curricular qualify for one year work experience toward the related CISA or CISM designation.
* Increase his/her value to prospective employers by expanding skill set. Gain industry knowledge by attending ISACA educational events, and reading the bimonthly ISACA Journal (free to members online and as a mobile application).
* Enjoy discounts. ISACA offers members discounted registration fees to many conferences. In addition, the ISACA Bookstore offers discounts on publications featuring IT governance topics in a variety of languages.
* Build network of business contacts. Membership in one of more than 190 ISACA chapters with members in 160 countries puts one in contact with a local circle of peers. ISACA conferences expand one’s network further, and chapter web sites, Internet newsletters give students a forum to share advice on topics of professional interest.
* Position persons to participate in a global marketplace. ISACA's international membership offers opportunities to learn more about business cultures, priorities, and practices from around the world.
* Students are encouraged to join a young professional’s community/ network www.isaca.org/ypgroup, here within a wealth of information that would be of interest to young professionals, such as discussion forums, blogs, publications, and links to e-learning seminars.