Connecting exceptional people with exceptional knowledge to provide our members with a robust offering of benefits
ISACA positions you to succeed and thrive in your career. The Association is a resource you can draw upon to enhance your skills, expand your professional connections and experience a vibrant local and global community of colleagues.
Key ISACA Membership Benefits
Explore ISACA's wide range of member programs, educational opportunities, authoritative publications, and discounted products.
· ISACA eLibrary—A comprehensive collection of nearly all ISACA/ITGI published books and over 350 additional titles
· Free CPE—ISACA certified members can earn over 60 FREE CPEs per year.
· CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC certification—Member discounts for exam study aids, registration and maintenance
· Conferences and Training—Member discounts on more than 25 ISACA events annually
· Webcasts and e-Symposia—Members obtain up to 3 free CPE hours monthly!
· Local (Chapter-level) Education—Access to affordable CPE programs and information exchange through regular chapter meetings and events
· Bookstore —Member discounts on ISACA publications and research
· Career Centre Enhancements—Access more jobs, including those posted on other job boards, more robust tools for job seekers and, coming soon—a free job board for freelancers.
· Access My ISACA to update your profile and CPE hours.
Research and Knowledge
· ISACA Journal —The bimonthly technical journal, and an additional source of free CPE hours
· @ISACA—A biweekly newsletter, conveniently delivering ISACA and professional news electronically
· COBIT Online—Discounted subscription and complimentary baseline functionality
· COBIT Quickstart—Complimentary member download - $55 value
· Downloads—Members-only research discounts or preferred access to COBIT 4.1, Risk IT: Based on COBIT, Val IT and many other publications from ITGI
· Knowledge Center—Exclusive access to one convenient online location where members can access professional knowledge. Network, learn and exchange ideas globally with peers through communities, shared interest groups, discussions and document sharing. Get a holistic view into all ISACA resources.
· Standards—Easy access to ISACA's IS Auditing Standards, Guidelines and Procedures
· Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires (ICQs)—Guidance tools for best practices
· Research Opportunities—Support the work of the IT Governance Institute in developing products for IT governance control, assurance and taburity professionals
Community and Leadership
· Join a Discussion Forum on professional topics including Sarbanes-Oxley, IT governance, COBIT and information security management.
· Leadership Opportunities—Serve on ISACA boards and committees, help author or review ISACA research publications, write certification exam questions or become a local chapter leader.
· Local Chapters—Get involved with your local ISACA chapters, giving you access to affordable CPE programs and information exchange in your local area.
Local chapter events are key to creating a community of like-minded professionals and sharing knowledge with your peers. Throughout the year, this chapter hosts regular monthly chapter dinner meetings, an annual conference in the spring and other training opportunities and social events throughout the year.
Please check back often for updates on upcoming events designed just for you. If you have suggestions for an event, please use the Contact form on the About Our Chapter page to send your comments to chapter leadership.
CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC Certifications
ISACA administers four certifications, which provide globally recognized certification for IT Audit, Security, Governance and Risk professionals. ISACA conducts certification examinations twice annually, in June and December.
- Successful completion of an examination
- Relevant experience
- Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Adherence to the continuing professional education program
- Compliance with respective Standards
The Latvia Chapter supports its certification candidates through locally held review courses presented by local subject matter experts.
To obtain detailed information about ISACA certifications and register for an exam, please visit http://www.isaca.org/certification.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The CISA certification is known worldwide as the recognized achievement for those who control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems.
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
The management-focused CISM is a unique certification for individuals who design, build and manage enterprise information security programs. CISM is the leading credential for information security managers..
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
CGEIT recognizes a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of enterprise IT governance principles and practices.
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
CRISC (pronounced “see-risk”) is designed for IT professionals who have hands-on experience with risk identification, assessment and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring; IS control design and implementation; and
IS control monitoring and maintenance.
About Our Chapter
Welcome to the ISACA Latvia Chapter. The aim of the Chapter is to sponsor local educational seminars and workshops, conducts regular chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security profession throughout the area.
ISACA Latvia chapter currently has 145 members. Our chapter memners are holders of following ISACA certificates: 72 CISA, 33 CISM, 8 CGEIT and 7 CRISC.
Current ISACA Latvia Chapter Board Members are:
- President: Sintija Deruma
- Executive vice-president: Egons Buss
- Vice-president and Certification coordinator: Ivo Ivanovs
- Secretary: Ginta Garkaje
- Treasurer: Martins Svirksts
- Proffessional programm coordinator: Andis Pilans
This chapter is run by volunteers who are ISACA members nominated through ISACA Annual General Meeting (AGM). ISACA members' participations in running the chapter are highly encouraged.