Certification News: CPE Policy Updates and Exam Results
CPE policy updates—The CPE policies for all ISACA certification programs have been updated to reflect the following changes and/or policy clarifications that went into effect January 31, 2013:
- Clarifications have been included regarding how CPE hours are earned for various qualifying activities.
- Modifications have been made to reflect how CPE credit is to be earned and recorded. CPE hours can now be reported in one-quarter hour increments (rounded down to the nearest quarter hour).
- All appeals resulting in reinstatements related to revocations that are more than 60 days old require a US $50 reinstatement fee. This reinstatement fee is in addition to any back or current certification maintenance fees needed to make the certified individual compliant with the CPE policy.
CISA, CISM, CGEIT and CRISC Certifications
ISACA administers four certifications, which provide globally recognized certification for IT Audit, Security, Governance and Risk professionals. ISACA conducts certification examinations twice annually, in June and December.
- Successful completion of an examination
- Relevant experience
- Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Adherence to the continuing professional education program
- Compliance with respective Standards
The New Jersey Chapter supports its certification candidates through locally held review courses presented by local subject matter experts.
To obtain detailed information about ISACA certifications and register for an exam, please visit http://www.isaca.org/certification.
Certified Information Systems Auditor
The CISA certification is known worldwide
as the recognized achievement for those
who control, monitor and assess an
organization’s information technology and
Certified Information Security Manager
The management-focused CISM is a unique
certification for individuals who design, build
and manage enterprise information security
programs. CISM is the leading credential for
information security managers..
Certified in the Governance of
Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
CGEIT recognizes a wide range of professionals
for their knowledge and application of enterprise
IT governance principles and practices.
Certified in Risk and Information
Systems Control (CRISC)
CRISC (pronounced “see-risk”) is designed
for IT professionals who have hands-on
experience with risk identification, assessment
and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring;
IS control design and implementation; and
IS control monitoring and maintenance.