SAVE THE DATE!!!! Please see below for more details about the 4.19.17 ISACA event. John Gatto (please see his bio in the 'Events' section of this site) will be our speaker for this full day event. Invitation will be sent soon.
Expanding Your IT Audit Horizons
Presented by ISACA Charlotte Chapter on Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Location: Mint Museum, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte, NC
· 7:30 – Registration / Breakfast / Networking
· 7:55 – Welcome & Announcements – ISACA Chapter President
· 8:00 –Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Internal Audit
Abstract: This session will review the risks associated with ERM, the interaction between ERM and Internal Audit, and how best to ensure there is alignment.
• Definition of ERM
• Risk Areas for ERM
• The need for ERM
• Obstacles for implementing ERM
• How Internal Audit can help ERM
• How ERM can help Internal Audit
· 9:50 – Break / Networking / Door Prizes
· 10:10 –Crisis and Change Management – Internal Audit Involvement
Abstract: This session will review the implications and impacts of crisis management and organizational change management and what the internal auditor may need to do.
· Definition: Reputation Integrity & Crisis
· Crisis Management Planning
· Crisis Management Execution
· Audit’s Role
· Definition: Organizational Change Management
· Impacts on the organization
· What may be needed from Internal Audit
· 12:00 – Buffet Lunch / Networking
· 1:00 – IT Outsourcing and the Need for Supplier Audits
Abstract: This presentation will discuss the reasons why companies use IT third party suppliers, either as in an outsourced arrangement or in a true vendor arrangement, the risks involved and what audit should be doing.
· Understanding the risks from a security and privacy perspective
· Contract elements
· Minimum security requirements that should be put in contracts
· Supplier Audit techniques
· 2:50 – Break / Networking / Door Prizes
· 3:10 – Social Networking –Business, Compliance & Audit Implications
Abstract: Most corporations have social media sites for their customers and clients. These sites could be sources of security risks for the company and the personnel using them. This session will discuss these issues from the corporation’s perspective and from the individual’s perspective.
· What it is & how it is used
· Survey results
· Various issues
· Audit & control implications
· Risk mitigation
· 5:00 – Event Adjourns