Workshop on Software Licensing - March 2016
ISACA Pune chapter always tries to give maximum to it's member and community in large. There has been quite a lot of noise lately of enterprise software vendors like Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, IBM etc. auditing organizations (be it a small or large) and putting huge penalties for non compliance. Therefore, we at ISACA Pune chapter thought to make our members aware of Software Licensing and related compliances.
Mr. Kapil Umalkar, Senior Manager at Ernst & Young
Software Licensing Expert with more than 7 years of experience in working with various software vendors as well as with fortune 500 organizations. In the last 7 years he has been a part of vendor led SAM reviews and advisory based SAM reviews. With an experience of conducting several hundred reviews and supervising over 50,000 hours of SAM work, he has an understanding of licensing terms and conditions of almost all major software vendors. He also has a detailed understanding of ISO 19770 (the SAM standard), has also participated in BSA VeraFirm certifications. He has provided consulting services across all segments of industries – IT/ITES, financial services, FMCG, Oil and Gas, telecommunications.
He is a member of IBSMA (a leading international association of SAM managers) and is well connected to the international SAM community.
Coverage of workshop
A day long workshop will cover following aspects of Software Licensing
- What is SAM (Software Asset Management), framework of SAM, advantages and benefits of SAM?
- Statistics of software piracy in Emerging and Developed Markets from 2007 to 2014 (Including India) and why should you care?
- Vendor auditing trends – which vendors most frequently audit, which vendors recently started and which vendors have increased their aggression levels
- Most common SAM challenges faced by all organizations
- Vendor reviews – How should you go about it?
- Various elements of SAM – Compliance review, Optimization of licenses, SAM process reviews, key roles and responsibilities, tools and technology (People, Process and Technology)
- What are the 3-4 quick things that can be done to reap benefits of SAM
- BSA VeraFirm certification
- Case studies and licensing sessions of key vendors and products
This an amazing opportunity to come together on a common platform, listen to an immensely talented speaker, brainstorm and understand nitty gritties of comparatively lesser known and a high risk issue of software licensing compliance!
Members can earn 4 CPE hours by attending this workshop.
ISACA Members- Rs. 1200/- (You are required to produce evidence for renewal of membership before registering for workshop)
Non Members- Rs. 2000/-
Fees are including applicable taxes.
All the participants will be provided with complementary lunch and afternoon snacks at the venue.
Pay the registrations fees via net banking. Once done, just shoot us an email and confirm your seat!
Bank Account Name:
ISACA Pune Chapter
Name of the Bank:
Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
Madhuban Bldg, 8/3, Erandwana, Karve rd., near Nal Stop Chowk, Pune - 411004
036200100019496, IFSC Code:
SRCB0000036, MICR Code:
For registration related queries
Manjiri Tamhane (Office Manager): 9527448106
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further queries
Chandan Chaurasia (Programs Director): 9890078785
Gaurav Thorat (Education & Communications Director): 7709198516
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry up, we have started with registrations. Last date for registration is 28 Feb 2016