Digital Technology Auditor
Company: United Technologies Corp.
Title: Digital Technology Auditor
Location: Farmington, CT
Date Posted: May 22nd, 2018
Contact: Bill Bodnar, Sr. Director of Internal Audit
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
The Digital Technology (DT) Auditor position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic audit professional who seeks to build on their existing DT leadership experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business. The Internal Audit department assists in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles. This group is seen as a premiere entry point into multiple business segments within UTC.
UTC's Internal Audit Digital Technology team conducts risk-based audits and recommend strategic solutions to the business units within UTC's family of companies. Working closely with business unit management, the group utilizes the latest DT audit tools and techniques to ensure that they are conducting value-added audits.
Examples of position expectations can include:
- Lead DT risk based audits
- Examine and verify DT processes and procedures from internal organizations in order to determine the reliability and effectiveness of the existing control systems
- Continuously analyze business risk profiles and provide assurance that appropriate risk mitigation is taken
- Provide management with independent and objective reports, evaluations, appraisals, counsel, and recommendations
- Support the Global DT Audit Director, company divisions and subsidiaries in a consulting role by evaluating and recommending improvements to business practices, processes, and control procedures
- Minimum of 5-8 years of technology Audit Experience
- Experience in Infrastructure or business applications will also be considered.
- Prior audit experience within a Big 4 is desirable.
- CIA or CISA certifications will be considered a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups towards operational efficiencies.
- Extensive knowledge & experience in project management with strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Application development or application implementation experience with SAP or JDE is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills.
- Proactive and results driven.
Please note travel requirements of 30- 40%. The position is based in Farmington, Connecticut.
Due to nature of audit field work, candidates for this role must be a US personEducation:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Apply via link below: