New Mexico and Regional Job Postings
Information about local job opportunities are posted here. Please check back often.
Job Posting: City Auditor
City of Albuquerque, NM
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cabq/jobs/1790170/city-auditor-un?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Position closes at 11:59 PM on Monday, July 24, 2017.
Support both the executive and legislative branches of government, supervise, direct and perform independent audit assessments in support of City departments and programs consistent with the provisions and requirements outlined in the Accountability in Government Ordinance and professional standards. General qualifications for the City Auditor of the Office of Internal Audit include the following: integrity, capability for strong management and demonstrated ability and experience in accounting, auditing, financial analysis, management analysis, public administration or other closely related fields.
This is an unclassified at-will position.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, auditing, business administration or a related field, plus ten (10) years of professional/managerial accounting and/or auditing experience to include a minimum of five (5) years auditing experience and five (5) years direct supervisory experience. Must obtain Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor certifications through the appropriate entity within two (2) years of appointment. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor certification must be active and in good standing and must meet required annual continuing professional educational hour requirements. Other professional certifications, such as Certified Fraud Examiner are recommended.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- The finalist shall be fingerprinted and shall provide two (2) fingerprint cards or the equivalent electronic fingerprints to obtain the candidate's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) record. The City shall pay for the cost of obtaining the FBI records.
- Management, operations, services and activities of a comprehensive internal audit program
- Principles and practices of accounting
- Methods and techniques used in performing internal audits
- Principles and practices of program development and administration
- Principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations governing auditing and accounting practices
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of lower level staff
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Prepare, prioritize and plan for auditing activities
- Analyze and assess programs, policies and operational needs and make appropriate adjustments
- Develop and administer department goals, objectives and procedures
- Prepare administrative and financial reports
- Prepare and administer department budget
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions in support of goals
- Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with high-level City officials
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- $45.00 - $50.00 Hourly
- $3,600.00 - $4,000.00 Biweekly
- $7,800.00 - $8,666.67 Monthly
- $93,600.00 - $104,000.00 Annually
If you would like to share a job announcement, please e-mail [email protected]
For national and international opportunities, visit the ISACA Career Centre.