SABSA Training Seminar
Thursday, July 20, 2017
7:30am – 5:00pm
SABSA is the world’s leading open security architecture framework and methodology. SABSA is a top-to-bottom framework to conceive, conceptualize, design, implement and manage security in a business-driven model. SABSA empowers the organization to do business as it needs and wants to do, while ensuring that it is secure and fully enabled. SABSA readily aligns with and integrates other best-practice frameworks such as COBIT, TOGAF, NIST, ISO 27001 and ITIL.
The SABSA Overview Seminar introduces attendees to the SABSA methodology, its core frameworks, concepts, models and techniques.
The SABSA seminar is relevant to a broad spectrum of security professionals in the fields of audit, compliance and governance; risk management; security and enterprise architecture; systems development; security operations; and security service management.
The SABSA seminar is a full-day seminar, including lecture, two content-integrated workshops, and guided discussion. A CPE certificate for up to 8 hours of education may be provided to attendees upon completion.
The seminar provides attendees with a meaningful survey of SABSA and how it can be used to deliver business-enabling security, in the right place, at the right time, and for the right cost:
- Enterprise Security Architecture's role, objectives and benefits
- SABSA principles, framework, approach and lifecycle
- The SABSA model, architecture matrix, service management matrix and terminology
- SABSA's Business Attributes Taxonomy and Business Attributes Profile
- WORKSHOP 1: Using business goals and objectives to engineer information security requirements
- Risk Assessment, the SABSA way
- Determining Control Objectives and Enablement Objectives
- Designing policy architecture
- Architecting defense-in-depth
- Architecting an integrated compliance framework to align and integrate multiple standards
- WORKSHOP 2: Analyzing roles, responsibilities, decision-making, and organizational structure
- Integrating SABSA into a service management environment
- Defining Security Services
- Architecting placement of security services in IT infrastructure
- Creating a SABSA Trust Model
- Modeling security associations intra-domain and inter-domain
- Sequencing security services
More details can be found at: www.sabsacourses.com
7:30am - Check-in / Continental Breakfast
8:00am - Seminar Begins
12:00am - Lunch (30 mins)
5:00pm - Seminar Ends
John J. Czaplewski
Director, David Lynas Consulting Ltd.
John has more than 16 years experience providing risk management and security assessment services to federal agencies and commercial enterprises. He is currently working on projects applying SABSA, a framework and methodology for developing business-driven enterprise security architecture, to securing enterprise goals and objectives, Cyber Security for critical infrastructure protection, solution security architecture, and consulting on FISMA strategies for commercial sector.
John's specialties include: Enterprise Security Architecture and SABSA, Enterprise Risk Management, NIST Risk Management Framework, FISMA compliance for the commercial sector, FISMA compliance readiness review, planning, implementation, and assessment, Security Authorization - Certification & Accreditation (C&A), Cloud Security, and FedRAMP.