COBIT 5 online continues to evolve and has launched a completely enhanced user experience. COBIT users can now experience an interactive opportunity for delving into the details of COBIT 5.
The online platform:
- Provides a consolidated, comprehensive knowledge center for governance and management of enterprise IT (GEIT)
- Offers dynamic content, which helps to increase the usability and utility of COBIT 5
- Helps the user access the most relevant COBIT 5 customized content for that user—allowing searches based on professional roles (e.g., assurance, information security and risk)
- Provides the latest industry news and insights with online updates not available in printed publications or PDFs
- Allows users to browse and export content from ISACA’s vast inventory of COBIT-related publications (e.g., the COBIT 5 framework, implementation publications, enabling guides, professional guides)
New Goals & RACI Planner Tool
The online platform’s goal is to provide COBIT 5 users with new tools and features to help streamline the implementation of COBIT. The first of these tools (released 8 September) is the Goals & RACI Planner (figure 1), which allows users to personalize their COBIT 5 experience even further. This tool facilitates the use of COBIT by leading the user through the selection of enterprise, IT-related and enabler goals based on stakeholder needs.
Figure 1—COBIT 5 Online Goals & RACI Planner Screenshot
These updates also include a RACI chart planner (figure 2) to support the selected governance and management practices. The RACI planner allows users to make appropriate assignments as to what role in the enterprise is responsible, accountable, consulted and informed for each practice.
Figure 2—COBIT 5 Online RACI Chart Planner Screenshot
View larger image.
Begin Your Personal COBIT 5 Experience Today
Visit the new COBIT 5 online platform to get the most out of your COBIT 5 experience.
John Lainhart, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC
Is the US public sector cybersecurity and privacy service area leader for IBM Global Business Services. He is past international president of ISACA, a member of ISACA’s Framework Committee and chair of the COBIT Online Task Force.