The COBIT 5 Assessor course provides a basis for assessing an enterprise’s process cybersecurity capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance.
View the COBIT Training Roadmap
Prerequisites: Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
Available Through: Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or Accredited Trainer
ISACA’s Training and Educational Programs Including: On-site training | Conferences | Training Weeks
Recommended Length: 3 days
Target Audience: Internal and external auditors, IT auditors and consultants, cybersecurity professionals
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment Specifically:
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide Specifically:
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Interested in classroom training? View our Accredited Training partners to find COBIT training near you.
Bring the training to you. For more information on ISACA’s COBIT on-site training program, contact email@example.com.
COBIT 5 Assessor Exam
ISACA offers professionals who have mastered the content in the COBIT 5 Assessor Course an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge by taking an exam and earning a certificate.
Learn more >>
COBIT 5 Certified Assessor
Take your mastery of COBIT 5 to a higher level. ISACA offers you an opportunity to further enhance your capabilities and strategic value. You may be among those who have what it takes to become a COBIT 5 Certified Assessor.
Learn more >>