Check back frequently for updates!
WS1–COBIT 5 for Risk
Mark Thomas, CGEIT, CRISC
Effectively managing IT risk helps drive better business performance by linking information and technology risk to the achievement of strategic enterprise objectives. This one day, instructor-led workshop will address COBIT 5 for Risk which defines IT risk as ‘’business risk, specifically, the business risk associated with the use, ownership, operation, involvement, influence and adoption of IT within an enterprise.’’ Attendees will learn how to adopt COBIT 5 for Risk to ensure a broader coverage of business risk to the benefit their enterprise’s risk profile.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Assist stakeholders with a better understanding of the current state and risk impact throughout the enterprise
- Provide guidance on how to manage the risk to levels, including an extensive set of measures
- Assist the setup of the appropriate risk culture for the enterprise
- Provide guidance on risk assessments that enable stakeholders to consider the cost of mitigation and the required resources against the loss exposure
- Offer opportunities to integrate IT risk management with enterprise risk
- Develop improved communication and understanding amongst all internal and external stakeholders
Spotlight Education Sessions
SS1–The Enterprise Immune System: Using Machine Learning for Next-Generation Cyber Defense
From insiders to sophisticated external attackers, the reality of cyber security today is that the threat is already inside. A fundamentally new approach to cyber defense is needed to detect and investigate these threats that are already inside the network - before they turn into a full-blown crisis.
Based on unsupervised machine learning and probabilistic mathematics developed by specialists from the University of Cambridge, new ‘immune system’ technologies are capable of learning the ‘self’ of an organization. By analyzing every network, device, and user, and modeling them as they go about their day-to-day activity, the Enterprise Immune System can establish a highly accurate understanding of normal behavior. It can therefore spot abnormal activity as it emerges, and even take precise, measured actions to automatically curb the threat.
Rules and signatures are not keeping pace with today’s rapidly evolving cyber attacks. The Enterprise Immune System represents a fundamental step-change in automated cyber defense, is relied upon by organizations around the world, and can cover up to millions of devices.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- How new machine learning and mathematics are automating advanced cyber defense
- Why 100% network visibility allows you to detect threats as they happen, or before they happen
- How smart prioritization and visualization of threats allows for better resource allocation and lower risk
- Real-world examples of unknown threats detected by ‘immune system’ technology