Senior IT Audit Specialist
Do you have a solid background in the field of I&IT auditing and risk management? Do you have effective interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships? Then consider joining the Treasury Board Secretariat’s Enterprise Wide I&IT Audit Service Team. Our I&IT audit professionals work on diverse audit and consulting assignments spanning a broad range of I&IT areas across the Ontario Public Service. Our work is client-focused and directly contributes to improved business outcomes for our clients and the people of Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- plan, lead, coordinate and conduct complex I&IT audits and consulting assignments
- assess internal controls and processes in the areas of IT governance, systems under development, IT project management, IT operations and information, infrastructure and network security
- provide technical expertise and support on major systems development projects including the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies
- prepare reports and communicate audit findings
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Experience
Relationship Management, Consultation and Communication Skills
- you have demonstrated experience conducting a broad range of complex I&IT audits and consulting assignments
- you have knowledge of and experience in generally accepted auditing standards, practices, methodologies (including risk management strategies, control strategies, structures and systems)
- you have experience in developing and utilizing innovative I&IT auditing techniques for risk and control assessments
- you have knowledge of and experience in systems development methodologies and practices
- you have an understanding of current and emerging technology and related issues, to utilize knowledge in the areas of systems under development, information security, e-commerce, telecommunications and networks, computer operations and existing applications
Project Management Skills
- you can build and sustain positive relationships with clients and project teams, and can network effectively with management and colleagues
- you have demonstrated consultation skills to provide technical expertise and support major systems development projects
- you have excellent negotiation, mediation and persuasion skills to make recommendations and resolve contentious issues
- you can clearly, concisely and effectively communicate risk and control issues to clients
- yyou can conduct briefings and make presentations to all levels of management
- you can write and develop audit reports, briefing materials, technical reports and issues analysis correspondence
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- you have experience leading and conducting assessments of complex business processes and operations
- you have experience in conducting and managing complex I&IT audit projects
- you can adapt to changing priorities and circumstances, handle concurrent projects, meet deadlines and manage projects within budget
- you have analytical skills and the ability to utilize data extraction software tools to evaluate internal controls, and identify control weaknesses, risks and impacts
- you can apply problem solving skills to develop solutions for clients and identify process improvement opportunities
$70,538 - $103,944 per year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
How to Apply:
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 123645, by Monday, June 11, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Job expiry date: June 11, 2018