8-Week CISA Comprehensive Course
The ISACA Toronto Chapter will be offering a 8-session Comprehensive CISA Exam Preparation course to assist candidates in preparing for writing the 2018 CISA exam in December.
Oct 13, 2018 to Dec 01, 2018
Downtown Toronto ON
CISA Training Boot camp
ISACA Toronto Chapter will be offering a five days CISA boot camp. This intensive boot camp focuses exclusively on the fundamental areas covered in the CISA exam. The review course covers the core sections and a series of sample exam questions that prepares participants to write the exam after the boot camp.
Oct 29, 2018 to Nov 2, 2018
Downtown Toronto ON
Risk-Based Approach to IT Infrastructure Security & Control Assessments
Key information security governance controls, including a risk-based approach to design, operation and assessment of security and controls are critical to ensuring that an organization’s information assets are adequately protected to prevent compromise.
Nov 15, 2018 8:30 AM to 4 PM
ISACA Toronto Leadership Summer Message
On June 14,the ISACA Toronto Chapter held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Ivey Tangerine Center. Robert Clyde who served on ISACA International's 2017 Board of Directors was there to help us celebrate. This capped the end of another great year for us. How do we know it was a great year? Here are a few highlights:
- As of April 30, 2018, we have 2,864 members up 4% from April 2017 (2,766 members). Our retention rate is 84.71%. We continue to be the sixth largest chapter in the world and the largest in Canada. Our family consists of 121,295 ISACA members around the world;
- Our Education Committee, managed to deliver 3,544 contact hours or 443 training days across Toronto, Waterloo and Mississauga over the past months. In addition, our year culminated in the Chapter's Summer conference where we received great feedback on the content and quality of our speakers. Our keynote speakers included Susheel Gupta, Former Federal Prosecutor/Computer Crime Advisor and Jack Jones, co-founder Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) standard. Overall, our speaker feedback ranged from 4.85 to 4.10 out of a score of 5.0!
- Since June 2017, our Chapter had 105 CISA, 68 CISM, 7 CGEIT and 58 CRISC examination passers. By attaining these exams, this will enrich the candidates' knowledge and provide career advancement. The Chapter also launched its Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) training program in June and we had fifteen attendees, which was a great start for its first class;
- We engaged a Ryerson Student consulting team to perform a Social Media and Branding Projecttoperform an assessment and roadmap for improving the Chapter's social media engagement channels. Once the report is finalized, the Board will review and implement the recommendations later this year;
- Our Academic Relations and Chapter Relations program continues as we maintain ties with universities in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and award scholarships. We also maintained relations with other professional organizations such as ACFE, CPA Canada and Hispanotech. The Chapter completed its annual audit and finances are in good order as we maintain sufficient reserves to fund our activities;
In keeping with ISACA International's theme of Change, they implemented the following initiatives and this will affect our Chapter operations. These include:
- Chapter Affiliation Agreement (CAA) - that formalizes the relationship between International and our Chapter (compliance, Chapter reporting etc.)
- Enterprise/Corporate Training program and Online Training - that may affect attendance at our multi-day courses and Continuing Education monthly sessions
- Accredited Program Trainers for ISACA Certification preparation courses (CISA, CRISC, CISM and CGEIT) and CSX trainers. We hope to grow our pool of accredited trainers to ensure the Chapter's Certification program continues to provide quality training. Our Chapter designated Najib Hayat as our first trainer and he undergoing the accreditation process. Eder Lima is now our Chapter's designated CSX trainer.
Our Chapter will continue to adapt to changes not only from International, but also in our governance, risk and assurance industry to ensure we serve our members. As more and more companies automate business processes on their path to "digital transformation", the lines between business auditors versus IT auditors will blur. Our Chapter is known for its training and support for this shift in focus.
On behalf of the ISACA Toronto Chapter Board, we thank our members, volunteers, guest speakers, and sponsors for another successful year! In particular, I extend my deepest, deepest thanks to Raul Mangalindan, Cheryl Kicksee and Amin Muhammadi (Director - Technology) for their many years of service. I replace Raul as Past President and hope to serve with the same level of good humor and devotion.
Finally, it is with great pleasure that I introduce our 2018/2019 Chapter Board
. Our new Chapter President is Asif Mohammed and the Vice President is Najib Hayat. I am happy to state that all new Directors have a history of volunteering with the Chapter over the past years. Feris Adi is now Certifications Director, Behram Faroogh is Academic Relations and Research and Irene Bajan is now Technology Director. Your Chapter remains in good hands.
Have a great summer everyone and see you in the Fall!
ISACA Toronto Chapter and University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Strategic Education Collaboration
Certificates in Strategic Management of Enterprise IT and Cyber Security Management
Today, information technology professionals are in greater demand than ever and have become a dominant force in many industries. With such recognition, it’s critical that the profession continues to maintain and grow professionals who are committed to keeping up-to-date with the fast-changing technological world.
As part of its strategy to continue to expand educational opportunities for its members, ISACA Toronto Chapter has a strategic collaboration with University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies to support the development of two new professional development certificate programs Strategic Management of Enterprise IT (SMEIT) and Cyber Security Management that are broadly aligned to the domains of CGEIT and CISM.
The SMEIT Certificate, designed for senior and mid-level business and IT managers, focuses on a holistic and integrated approach to governance and management of enterprise IT. The Certificate in Cyber Security Management, a broad-based educational program that provides a range of in-demand cyber security management skills, is designed for professionals seeking managerial responsibilities in the critical area of cyber security. For more information please click here